Thread: Which Goalie for Remainder of Season...

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Which Goalie for Remainder of Season...

This is our last week of regular season matchups before heading into playoffs. Our trade deadline (which also equates to roster freeze) is at 3:00PM. I am rolling with 4 goalies at the moment but would prefer to drop one and pick up another winger (if I can't make a trade before 3:00PM). Here are the two goalies in questions, which one goes?

Giguere
    Elliott

Team and league/scoring details in signature. There are some decent wingers left on WW (Kunitz, Brown, Max Pac, Doan, Dubinsky, Brouwer, etc.) for our scoring system.

Thanks!
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Wolf Pack View Post
    This is our last week of regular season matchups before heading into playoffs. Our trade deadline (which also equates to roster freeze) is at 3:00PM. I am rolling with 4 goalies at the moment but would prefer to drop one and pick up another winger (if I can't make a trade before 3:00PM). Here are the two goalies in questions, which one goes?

Giguere
    Elliott

Team and league/scoring details in signature. There are some decent wingers left on WW (Kunitz, Brown, Max Pac, Doan, Dubinsky, Brouwer, etc.) for our scoring system.

Thanks!
    I would drop JSG. Varly is playing a lot better. We all know that he's Col future and they want him to succeed. JSG is an insurance policy if/when Varly faulters. Elliott has been sharp and St.L is a timeshare, which i don't see changing. Elliott has been on of the top tenders this year, too.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Immortal

Giggy is the easy drop here. Not only s he injury prone, but he has been outplayed by Elliott for the majority of the season.

As for who to pick up, man oh man is that a lot of cats to consider. I would go with Brown, Max or Kunitz.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think it's a bit closer than it appears at first but I'd also have to go with Elliott. I think the odds of Giguere getting more starts down the stretch are a bit higher than Elliott, but Elliott has been phenomenal when plays. Should allow fewer goals and give you a higher chance of a shutout or two down the stretch as well.

As for who I'd replace him with I'd go with D Brown personally. He's got all the peripherals covered and he has the talent to put points on the board.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!