Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lehner or Bishop

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Lehner is not an emergency recall. Anderson is on IR.

They just announced that Bishop is being sent to Binghamton.
    Yup, I'm just a bit behind you on here and Twitter.

Dobber Sports Deity

Right now, Bishop has been outplaying Lehner in the AHL. That being said, I dont forsee Bishop passing Lehner on the Sens depth chart, not for this season at least. I think this is a long term move where both will be playing in Ottawa in a couple years.

A couple of my friends have played minor pro/AHL hockey and one thing I have learned from them is this: teams will usually prefer to roll with players they drafted, not the ones they traded for. No team like to show up their scouts. Thats possible why Lehner is up and Bishop is down. Both are excellent goalies going forward for Ottawa. I just wouldnt expect to see Bishop pass Lehner on the depth chart, not this season at least.

Either way, I think its an excellent trade for Ottawa and for Bishop.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Right now, Bishop has been outplaying Lehner in the AHL. That being said, I dont forsee Bishop passing Lehner on the Sens depth chart, not for this season at least. I think this is a long term move where both will be playing in Ottawa in a couple years.

A couple of my friends have played minor pro/AHL hockey and one thing I have learned from them is this: teams will usually prefer to roll with players they drafted, not the ones they traded for. No team like to show up their scouts. Thats possible why Lehner is up and Bishop is down. Both are excellent goalies going forward for Ottawa. I just wouldnt expect to see Bishop pass Lehner on the depth chart, not this season at least.

Either way, I think its an excellent trade for Ottawa and for Bishop.
    Sens just announced Bishop has been sent down and will report to Bingo.

It actually works out well for the Sens this way. With Bishop going down, McKenna (great teammate) will give way to Bishop in Bingo and Lehner will get starts in Ottawa. Both young guys will be getting quality starts.

If it were the other way around and Lehner went down instead of Bishop, McKenna would continue to play better than Lehner and take starts away as he has all year. There woud being nothing to change from the status quo.

In saying that, I still think Bishop will have more starts than Lehner in Ottawa this year. Bishop has earned it based of professionalism, way more than Lehner.
    Last edited by notch4077; February 27, 2012 at 3:19 PM.

Dobber Sports Wizard

League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Just a guess, but the 18 games the Sens have left look for Bishop to start 12, Lehner 4, Auld 2. Unless Bishop really struggles, that is what I expect. Lehner will be in the minors for the most part. In saying that, all that can change if Lehner looks amazing and gets the win tomorrow against Boston. Still too early to tell really, Bishop could be the one going down with Lehner staying.
    You don't guess Anderson is going to play at all?
    11 team keeper league, 3rd season.
    Points only. Goalies: 2pts Win, 3pt S/O
    9F, 6D, 2G, 2BN, 1IR

F: Stamkos*, Parise*, Backstom*(IR), Benn*, Neal*, Clarkson, Berglund, A. McDonald, Gagner, Ennis, Okposo,

D: OEL, B Campbell, Wisniewski, B. Smith, Giordano, Diaz

G: Fleury*, Halak*, Anderson

Dobber Sports Stud

Should we keep or drop Bishop???

Dobber Sports Prodigy

bishop will get games for sure, he also has an excellent chance to back anderson up next season.

Dobber Sports Stud

How many games for Bishop this season? 5? 10? 15?

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by echoboomer View Post
    You don't guess Anderson is going to play at all?
    Nah, I just should have clarified that was my average splits until Anderson is back. I was getting ahead of myself in my thoughts as I do often. My mistake.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    How many games for Bishop this season? 5? 10? 15?
    5 is safe. Anderson isn't out long enough to get anymore than that.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    Should we keep or drop Bishop???
    Not sure if you mean for this season on in keeper league formats, but he will get roughly 5 games this season and be one of the busier full-time backups next season in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Genius

Just a quick update for those Bishop owners.

Paul MacLean just stated that Bishop will get an NHL start soon. He transition from a decent Peoria team to a rotten Binghamton has been seamless. Better than that actually.

Prior to the trade he lead the AHL in SV%, stopping 92.8% of shots faced with Peoria. In his 2 starts with the Bingo Sens, he has a GAA of 1.50 and a SV% of .965 (stopping 82 of 85 shots), winning both games.

He is expected to play today against a tough St. Johns team, a team he beat in his Bingo debut and then you may see him in Ottawa later this week.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Just a quick update for those Bishop owners.

Paul MacLean just stated that Bishop will get an NHL start soon. He transition from a decent Peoria team to a rotten Binghamton has been seamless. Better than that actually.

Prior to the trade he lead the AHL in SV%, stopping 92.8% of shots faced with Peoria. In his 2 starts with the Bingo Sens, he has a GAA of 1.50 and a SV% of .965 (stopping 82 of 85 shots), winning both games.

He is expected to play today against a tough St. Johns team, a team he beat in his Bingo debut and then you may see him in Ottawa later this week.
    Since Lehner lost yesterday, any news about Bishop getting the call for tomorrow's game?