Thread: Goalie prospect help...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Goalie prospect help...

In a20 team dynasty league do the top ranked guys are obviously owned.... I'm sure this is a tough question but if any of you can raddle off some names that may be available and have turned a corner this year in the minors I'd appreciate it!!!
    G/A/SOG/HIT/BLK/STP/W/GA/SV% - 20 Team

F B.Tkachuk, Meier, Horvat, Necas, Toews, Bratt, Perron, Tarasenko, R. Thomas, Hyman, Tanev, Duchene, J.Quinn, R.Strome, Domi, Cooley
    D Makar, Reilly, N.Dobson, Faulk, Addison, Sanderson, Heinola, Zamula, Perbix, Marino, Lauzon
    G. Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Jarry, Reimer, Schmid, Accord, Soderblom

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Is Frederick Andersen (CAR) owned? He is tearing up the Swedish Elite League this year.
    Another SEL goalie too check for is Johan Gustafsson (MIN). starts for his team at the age of 20 and was the gold medal winner for Sweden at this year's wjc.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Both avail...drop brossolt?

F B.Tkachuk, Meier, Horvat, Necas, Toews, Bratt, Perron, Tarasenko, R. Thomas, Hyman, Tanev, Duchene, J.Quinn, R.Strome, Domi, Cooley
    D Makar, Reilly, N.Dobson, Faulk, Addison, Sanderson, Heinola, Zamula, Perbix, Marino, Lauzon

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Michael houser is avail too. I see he's top rated ohl Goalie on tsn

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Vdawgs22 View Post
    In a20 team dynasty league do the top ranked guys are obviously owned.... I'm sure this is a tough question but if any of you can raddle off some names that may be available and have turned a corner this year in the minors I'd appreciate it!!!
    1. Tyler Bunz
    2. Eddie Lack
    3. Martin Jones
    4. Anders Lindback- Has the stuff to be a starter someday and could get traded due to Nashville's tremendous goalie prospect depth.
    5. Kevin Poulin- Its clear to me that he is the future number one for the Islanders and he could be available in your league. I do think Nabokov gets dealt this season and he inherits the starters job or splits it with Montoya.
    6. Matt Hackett- He's in line to take over once Niklas Backstrom starts regressing.
    7. Leland Irving- I really like what I've seen from Irving this season and I think he's going to take over once Kipper hangs it up. Now the problem is, we really don't know when that will be because he continues to play well in his mid 30's.
    8. Dustin Tokarksi- Clear path to being a starter in Tampa Bay.
    9. Keith Kinkaid- Looks like New Jersey's next goalie
    10. Petr Mrazek- Might be the biggest riser in terms of goalies in the past year. Surprise, surprise... he's a Red Wings prospect.

I hope that helps. Are all of those guys taken? If they are I can provide a few more names.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Wizard

I have a couple in my sig who seem to be turning corners that may interest in a deep league...

Niko Hovinen (Phi) 6'6", 216lbs has a 2.18GAA, .923sv% with 20W-9L-6T and 4SO. If i'm not mistaken, Bob's contract is up after this year and this kid may be coming over.

Riku Helenius (TB) 6'3", 190lbs has a 1.49GAA, .939sv% with 15W-6L-3T and 6SO. I'm not sure if/when he's coming back. He spent time in the A, but was shipped overseas to Finland to work on his game. TB has some age in the net with Rolo and Garon. I believe Rolo's contract is up after this year and Garon has a year. Tokarski is also in the system, but these two could end up battling for the #1 role down the road. Tokarski has the inside track, but Helenius is a former 1st. If he can continue his development and comes over, he has the tools to be an elite #1.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by One87; February 16, 2012 at 12:06 PM.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    1. Tyler Bunz
    2. Eddie Lack
    3. Martin Jones
    4. Anders Lindback- Has the stuff to be a starter someday and could get traded due to Nashville's tremendous goalie prospect depth.
    5. Kevin Poulin- Its clear to me that he is the future number one for the Islanders and he could be available in your league. I do think Nabokov gets dealt this season and he inherits the starters job or splits it with Montoya.
    6. Matt Hackett- He's in line to take over once Niklas Backstrom starts regressing.
    7. Leland Irving- I really like what I've seen from Irving this season and I think he's going to take over once Kipper hangs it up. Now the problem is, we really don't know when that will be because he continues to play well in his mid 30's.
    8. Dustin Tokarksi- Clear path to being a starter in Tampa Bay.
    9. Keith Kinkaid- Looks like New Jersey's next goalie
    10. Petr Mrazek- Might be the biggest riser in terms of goalies in the past year. Surprise, surprise... he's a Red Wings prospect.

I hope that helps. Are all of those guys taken? If they are I can provide a few more names.
    This is a solid list. Kinkaid may end up as Marty's successor. I like Hackett, too. Irving is not to bad. Remember, Cgy signed Ramo, so he has just as good a shot.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ironically. The ny guy available on that list is bunz... He's been drafted right? Only drafted guys are eligible.... Is he a must grab...over Anderson?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Appreciate the help guys... Was thrown into lions den drafting a 20 team dynasty league as my first and knowing nothing about minor league hockey... Against stiff competition I think I've built myself a Pretty solid team and look toward to dominating in future...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Vdawgs22 View Post
    Ironically. The ny guy available on that list is bunz... He's been drafted right? Only drafted guys are eligible.... Is he a must grab...over Anderson?
    Yes, I'd take him over Andersen for sure.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."