Thread: Price vs. Rask - Keeper League

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Price vs. Rask - Keeper League

2 points for a W
    3 additional points for a SO
    Maximum # of goalies allowed on contract per poolie = 1

Current goalie's on my roster:
    Luongo, Ward, Price
    Price on contract for 1 more year after this.

Rask is on the WW.
    Thinking of trading Price now for some depth on D and F and picking up Rask.
    Would sign Rask to a 2yr contract after this season.

Is this a worthwhile play?

Dobber Sports Ace

if you asked this a month ago, I'd of told you to go for it, as Montreal looked to be on a downward spiral. They played the toughest team in the east last night (boston) and were evenly matched. Montreals looked pretty good lately. Tough call.

Boston went from being the #1 defensive team to the #1 offensive team, but is still a top 5 defensive team. Montreal is middle of the pack defensively.

The only 2 downsides I see for Rask are

1) Thomas is standing in his way - Thomas is their #1 goalie now, and may continue to be next year. Next year is Thomas' contract year, which we generally expect to be their best seasons. Can Rask steal the job from Thomas in a contract year? I doubt it. If Thomas keeps the job through the season, he'd probably be re-signed. And then we go through this whole Thomas/Rask thing for another year or two.

2) Rask is a RFA and not negotiating yet. He's a prime target for offer-sheets, and if he's not in Boston, his value does drop significantly (though theres the short-term boost of not having Thomas in his way).

vs Price
    The only risk is Montreal sucking.

Price is the safer, less rewarding, option imo.
    Weekly H2H
    G / A / P / +- / PowerPlayPoints / Shots / Goalie Wins / GAA / Save%