Thread: Markstrom

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Markstrom

I'm trying to debate whether or not to make a play at him in our Keeper pool. What do you guys think his role will be next year? I know he's had some injuries lately and hasn't plyed much this year, so I'm trying to gauge where he will fit in next year. Clemmensen's a UFA at the end of the year, so I anticipate they'll let him walk and that Markstrom will make the team, but I'm wondering in what capacity. Will he be a back-up, platoon or starter? Theo has played solidly this year so my best guess was a platoon type duo for next year with Markstrom taking over in 13-14.
    16 team dynasty league
    Roto - G, A, P, PPP, SOG, Hits, BS, PIMS, W, Saves, SV %, GAA
    F - Pacioretty, Drouin, E. Kane, Kucherov, Kreider, Hornqvist, Eberle, Steen, E, Staal, Roussel, Maroon, Connolly
    D - Shattenkirk, Goligoski, Franson, Nurse, Larsson, Gudas
    G - Crawford, Anderson
    B - Neuvirth, Greiss, Petrovic, Rieder, Matteau
    Farm - Gibson, Scherbak, Sanheim, Armia, Buchnevich, Weal, Tomek, Donskoi, Petrov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Goalie situations are always so complicated and tough to predict.

In my opinion (take it for whatever it's worth), I could see Florida rolling with Theodore and Markstrom as a 1A 1B type scenario, with whichever goalie is winning getting starts by the bunch.

Similar IMO to what you're seeing with Reimer and Gustavsson, not necessarily any designated #1 per say but whoever is playing better gets to play.

Also something to consider is that Theodore's 1.5M contract will probably be attractive to some NHL teams looking to add a serviceable backup for pretty cheap, so you could potentially see him dealt as a rental at the deadline I think.

Anyway that's my two cents.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Genius

I see a similar role as well. I think there will be a platoon, but like b0ndon said it will be based on who's doing well. They'll give the reins to Theodore to start the season, but if he falters at all, which I think he will. He just hasn't been consistent year to year. That being said, it is interesting to think that if Markstrom is the clear leader or is showing what he really is capable of, I wouldn't be surprised if Theodore was shopped at next years trade deadline. Not this years, unless they really believe they can get the return they want. They're in the playoff hunt so we'll just have to wait and see.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    I see a similar role as well. I think there will be a platoon, but like b0ndon said it will be based on who's doing well. They'll give the reins to Theodore to start the season, but if he falters at all, which I think he will. He just hasn't been consistent year to year. That being said, it is interesting to think that if Markstrom is the clear leader or is showing what he really is capable of, I wouldn't be surprised if Theodore was shopped at next years trade deadline. Not this years, unless they really believe they can get the return they want. They're in the playoff hunt so we'll just have to wait and see.
    Oh yeah sorry I meant next year's deadline as well since he would be coming off the books at the end of next season. Sorry, worded that wrong haha.

Dobber Sports Genius

That's what I figured, but thought I'd just clear that up anyway. Hope you don't screw this up for everyone about Markstrom b0ndon.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    That's what I figured, but thought I'd just clear that up anyway. Hope you don't screw this up for everyone about Markstrom b0ndon.
    Same here, he's my best goalie prospect in my keeper league.

Uh oh....the prophecy is realizing itself already...

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks for the feedback guys!
    16 team dynasty league
    Roto - G, A, P, PPP, SOG, Hits, BS, PIMS, W, Saves, SV %, GAA
    F - Pacioretty, Drouin, E. Kane, Kucherov, Kreider, Hornqvist, Eberle, Steen, E, Staal, Roussel, Maroon, Connolly
    D - Shattenkirk, Goligoski, Franson, Nurse, Larsson, Gudas
    G - Crawford, Anderson
    B - Neuvirth, Greiss, Petrovic, Rieder, Matteau
    Farm - Gibson, Scherbak, Sanheim, Armia, Buchnevich, Weal, Tomek, Donskoi, Petrov