Thread: Rask not content?

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Rask not content?

These were a couple of quotes tweeted by Matias Strozyk and retweeted by Justin.

"It feels like no matter how well I play, I'm on the bench in the next game. Even if I get a shutout it's not enough."

"The truth is I want to play more. I don't want spend my entire career on the bench."

I'm a diehard B's fan and this is kind of disheartening to hear. I mean as the future workhorse for the B's I find it kind of worrisome to hear these comments from this guy over an interview. I mean I'm not a huge fan of airing your dirty laundry over public media. Do you think his comments will mean any reprecussions?

If Thomas' previous debacle of not showing up for the White House wasn't enough, he goes and posts something on "religion comments." It seems like the Bruins have become the new drama mommas and I can't help but to wonder if the recent theatrics aren't playing on this recent slide.

I hope these two decide to get into a more positive mind frame as I'd hate to see the B's slip in the coming weeks.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Banned

not sure if he should speak up after getting his ass kicked against Buffalo...

And frankly, I don't think he's better than Thomas. If he wants to play more, he should ask for a trade to Columbus.

Administrator

Name for me a backup who has started more games than Rask. I understand his frustration but the fact of the matter is he is sitting behind the reigning Conn Smythe winner. Thomas needs to get his starts too. Both guys are performing and both guys are getting wins. The Bruins need both these guys fresh, healthy and on their game come playoff time. That means neither one of these guys is going to get a chance to take the ball and run with it.

The good news is that Rask has yet to allow this frustration to infect his play. If/when that starts to happen then it is time for concern.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Padawan

I truly think Rask can be the best goalie on the planet in a few years, but he definitely needs to work on his maturity and mental toughness to get to that level. Too many times I have seen him flip out after letting in a goal, I love that he cares so much but at the same time to be elite you need to always have your wits about you. As for getting more starts, I don't sense that he feels entitled, just frustrated in that they are not giving him the ball to run with despite him showing he is more than capable.. But he must know that he is the goalie of the future and that his time will come. I consider him untradeable in my main keeper and am very confident he will have an illustrious career.
    Dynasty - $100/yr buy-in - YEAR 8 - $100M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C - Crosby, Malkin, Getzlaf
    LW - Pavelski, Domi
    RW - Seguin, Perry
    D - Letang, OEL, Carlson, Hamilton, J. Schultz
    Util - M. Koivu, Aho, Spooner, Atkinson
    G - Rask, Quick

BENCH
    Brassard, Bjugstad, Jagr, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Buchnevich, Ekblad, Beaulieu, Severson, Lundqvist
    PROSPECT
    Puljujarvi, Boeser, Barzal, Dal Colle, Fiala, Sergachev, Lindell

FOUR TIME DEFENDING CHAMPION

Dobber Sports Expert

It's kind of understandable. Rask would the be the #1 guy on a lot of NHL teams right now. Of course, we could say the same about Schneider in VAN...although Rask did 2 years ago what Schneider is showing now. All goalies go through ups and downs as they mature and develop consistency...even Price is still learning this.

The good news for Rask is that the end is in sight. At most, he's got one more year and it should be his to run with on a very good, very deep team who's core isn't going anywhere soon.

I do think next year BOS has to be giving Rask close to 50% of the starts or they're not doing their job of getting him acclimatized to the work rate needed to be a #1. There's an outside chance one gets dealt this off-season, but I don't see this happening.

Patience young one...
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Ace

of course Rask shows frustration when he lets a goal in. If he doesnt post a shutout, he can expect Thomas in net the next night. Now that quote shows that even a shutout doesn't give him more playing time. Its definitely frustrating for him.

Boston's in trouble imo. They've got 2 strong minded / stubborn / entitled / i dont know what to call it / goalies. Rask is playing for a contract right now. The more he plays, the more he'll get paid. If he splits 50/50 the rest of the way, he'll get to 35 starts. Can you justify asking for $4.5+ million when you only got 35 starts? He's easily worth it, not just to the Bruins, but to any team out there with a need for an elite goaltender with the balls to offer sheet.

The kid wants his playing time and wants to get paid! His .930ish sv% would give him both the time and money on every team but NYR/NSH/VAN/BOS/LAK. I don't see negotiations playing out smoothly, and this will end in an Offer Sheet, arbitration, or worst case scenario for Boston - a 1-2 year deal. 1 year deal = seeing how the Thomas situation plays out. 2 year deal = quickest path to UFA and leaving Boston.
    Weekly H2H
    G / A / P / +- / PowerPlayPoints / Shots / Goalie Wins / GAA / Save%