Thread: Why not start Lundqvist tonight?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Why not start Lundqvist tonight?

I don't get Torts sometimes. Does starting Biron tonight against TB mean that Lundqvist will play both games over the week-end (against Phi and Was)?

If Biron is to play one game this weekend then why start him tonight?

I'm a little puzzled over this one.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Cutting down on the workload for the King is a good idea when you look at how teams with goalies who play a lot have fizzled out the past few post seasons.

Dobber Sports Pro

I've seen Torts do this before. Lundqvist strives in b2b games so I think Torts gave the King the rest tonight so that he'll be more rested to go b2b on Sat against Philly and Sun against the Caps.
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Biron starts should not be questioned anymore, as long as they are winning those starts, Lundy is getting rested, and the Rangers are 1st in the east. Frustrating for fantasy owners, but if your that concerned, go out and get Biron too.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BC Oiler View Post
    Biron starts should not be questioned anymore, as long as they are winning those starts, Lundy is getting rested, and the Rangers are 1st in the east. Frustrating for fantasy owners, but if your that concerned, go out and get Biron too.
    Exactly what BC said. Obviously to us it would make more sense to play Lundy as we don't take into account his fatigue and see his numbers and wonder why he doesn't start all 82. Torts won a cup and knows his players.
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Biron has been great, no doubt. But he lost against NJ on Jan 31 - a game I would argue the Rangers win if Lundqvist is in goal (easy to say, I know). He won last night against TB but that one had to go to overtime. I get the fact that it's best that Lundqvist gets rested from time to time but there are B2B games coming up this week-end. Most teams would have played their starter last night and then alternate over the week-end. Torts must think Lundqvist can repeat B2B wins against Phi and Was (he did so on Nov 25-26).

Anyways, I was simply puzzled as a fan that's all.

Cheers. - C