Thread: On the eve of draft day: predictions and musings

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default On the eve of draft day: predictions and musings

I don\'t have any inside sources at the draft this year, but here are a few trades/other stuff I could see shaking out:

- Montreal trading up to draft Angelo Esposito at either pick 6, 7, or 8. They may even make a bigger splash and try and get Cherepanov, who some have regarded as the most talented player in the draft.

- Vancouver looking to move up without giving up roster talent (moving prospects like Bourdon and/or Schneider)

- Pitkanen getting dealt to the Western Conference (gut call.. the Oilers for Torres and draft picks)

- look for Fernandez to be dealt tomorrow, same goes for guys like Toskala and Bryzgalov (although the Ducks may wait a bit).

- Toronto to try and free up cap space by dealing either McCabe or Kubina for picks/prospects. They are really pushing hard for Ryan Smyth.

- The Predators are rumored to be shopping Tomas Vokoun, as he would clearly be the best option out there and they appear confident with Chris Mason.

just a few tidbits to keep you entertained before tomorrow morning.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re:On the eve of draft day: predictions and musing

Looks like Phoenix is making a push for the 1st overall.. they are after Turris. Chicago would still get Kane at 3 because the Flyers really like JVR.

Interesting to see if Bryz is moved today with the flurry of goaltending activity.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified