Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forum Changes coming up

I...am your father.

Default Forum Changes coming up

Soon, I will be moving to a forum that no longer has the menus on the top or the left side. It will be faster to load, wider, and just generally a better experience for you. To help with the loss of ad impressions, I am having an ad inserted along the top, along the bottom, and through the middle. So three ads in all.

Anyway, this is a heads up that sometime over the next three weeks this will be done. There may be an unexpected interruption in service, without warning and I won't know for how long. But shouldn't be too long if at all.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    ...and through the middle....
    Whaaaaaaat?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Through the middle must be a mistake...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Dobber, are you saying that there will be a horizontal ad side to side through the middle of my screen every time I am on the forums?

If so, well, I'm really going to miss everyone here.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Maybe he's taking the Swedish Elite League approach to advertising?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Cool - the Prairie Dog got me hooked up with ad block + - hopefully no concerns now.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Dobber, are you saying that there will be a horizontal ad side to side through the middle of my screen every time I am on the forums?

If so, well, I'm really going to miss everyone here.
    I highly doubt that. My guess is one at the top, one at the bottom and one inbetween the top half and bottom half of the posts. It would be ******ed to have one constantly in the middle of the screen.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    I highly doubt that. My guess is one at the top, one at the bottom and one inbetween the top half and bottom half of the posts. It would be ******ed to have one constantly in the middle of the screen.
    If I were to hazard a guess, a lot of forums have a ad bad right after the initial post - between the 1st post and the 2nd post - and that's it.

Whether or not it is truly bother some is the nature of the ad (a flash/huge image ad or just those google wordy ads).
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Cool - the Prairie Dog got me hooked up with ad block + - hopefully no concerns now.
    Adblock + is huge. I love it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Cut the guy some slack... he needs to make a living too you know

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Just to make sure: I'm crazy if I'm reading this as 3 ads within each post, right?
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

No, I think that's it. Here's what Dobber wrote again: "To help with the loss of ad impressions, I am having an ad inserted along the top, along the bottom, and through the middle. So three ads in all."

Only makes sense to have them on each page.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Padawan

The loss of ad revenue is no surprise. I used to keep adblock turned off on this site, until I started seeing the most obnoxious noisy / growing ads.

And then I found the direct link to the forums when I had forum jump issues, and twitter bar hate - which doesn't have any ads for now.

I'm happy to leave my adblocking off if the site is smart about how they do it, but if they actively detract from my enjoyment of a site - they're gone.
    Setting up the play.

You should do a full page ad, w/ one thread at the top, one at the bottom and one in the middle.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Initiate

so much bitching and moaning for using a free site? Come on guys, ads are a fact of life on the internet, and unless Dobber starts charging a membership fee or something along those lines, it is one of the few ways he has of trying to generate a bit of income from this place.

The info I get from here is certainly worth me putting up with a couple of ads per page.
    12 team keeper league. 8 keepers/team.
    Skater Pts: goal = 2, assist =1, +/-, PIM = .5
    Goalie Pts: win = 5, SO = 3, Sv = .1, GA = -.9

FORWARDS:
    C. Giroux, I. Kovalchuk, E. Malkin, D. Clarkson, D. Perron, J. Pominville, J. Tootoo, R. Mason, R. Nash, J. Iginla, S. Gagner, R. O'Reilly, T. Bozak
    DEFENSE:
    C. Letang, Mike Green, A. Edler, N. Kronwall, D. Engelland, K. Yandle, B. Dillon, P. Martin
    GOALIES:
    R. Miller, J. Quick J. Hiller, C. Nilstorp