Thread: Brent Burns. Boom or Bust for second half??

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Brent Burns. Boom or Bust for second half??

Hi guys. I'm curious to know how you feel about Brent Burns.

I am in a keeper league but I'm going for the win this year and one of my D-men is Christian Ehrhoff. He is injured and I cannot find any information to really know a lot on his injury and even less about a possible return date. My league counts only points and I could trade one for one Ehrhoff for Burns. I'm confident that Burns will finish the season with more points than Ehrhoff because of the injury thing but does Burns have a shot at even 30? Will he get back on pace or what? Looking at his numbers I must say I don't understand why he doesn't seem to be able to put up points... 23 minutes per game, more than three minutes on the PP. A lot of shots for a D-men and playing with a potent offense.... What do you think??

Dobber Sports Stud

His point totals are really bad so far and he's currently on pace for 28 points. So yes, he definitely has a shot at 30 points even if he somehow doesn't pull out of this funk. If he starts to score at his more usual rate of ~0.5 PPG he would end up in the 35 point range. And that's about what I'm expecting.