Thread: Subban

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Subban

Hi everybody,

Is subban playing like he will be in the NHL for his career ??? ( 35-40 pts player )

or

Just a bad timing like all the club and the points will come for sure and be a 45-55 player every year.

is it time to trade him and let the other guy think he will be a 50 pts player or keep him ?

What do you think ?

Cheers
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Administrator

Dmen take time to develop. Year two isn't a marker for his career. He'll be fine. He is three points off from having the same pace as last season.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

Agreed. He's still a kid, and he'll have some ups and downs and growing pains, but there's no reason he shouldn't round out into a consistent 50 point guy. Way too early to give up on him.

Administrator

If he had 10 points instead of 17 right now I'd be worried.

Dobber Sports Novice

Subban has all the tools to succeed, the way he can burst out of his zone with the puck is unbelievable. Right now, he's just learning how to pick his spots and hit the target with his booming shot. He's still maturing.

The system in Montreal is not ideal (Cunneyworth is from the same school as Martin), but Subban is too talented not to find a comfortable zone in which he can produce and respect the system at the same time.

If you own him, sit tight, if you don't try to buy low!
    11 Team Keeper League / Keep any 12 players
    12 Forwards - 6 D-men - 2 Goalies
    G = 1PT / A = 1PT / W = 2PTS / SO = 2 more PTS

F: N. Backstrom - E. Staal - J.Skinner - J.Pavelski - R.Nash - H.Zetterberg - E.Kane - P.Berglund - A.Burrows - B. Wheeler - D. Desharnaies - D.Setoguchi - R. Bourque

D: L.Visnovsky - J.Carlson - K.Shattenkirk - M.Zidlicky - D. Kulikov - S.Elliott

G: P.Rinne - M.Kipprusoff

(bold: 2011-12 keepers)

Dobber Sports Ace

Be patient with Subban. He's logging huge minutes in key game situations, with the absence of guys like Markov. He could also benfit, from keeping away from the chirping, and concentrate on his game. Experience and maturity, will also help.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Smile

He'll be fine.
    Roster Requirements
    (2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 3 F, 4 D, 2 G)Totals:25 15 Starters, 10Bench, +4 IR - Head To Head - Weekly Lineups - Stats: PTS ONLY- 1PT/START(G) 2PTS/WIN - 5PTS/SHUTOUT
    Record: 17-7-0 (2015-16 Champ)

C: Seguin, Giroux
    LW: T.Hall, Panarin
    RW: P. Kane, Palmieri
    F: Galchenyuk, Domi, Landeskog
    D: Subban, Ekman-Larrson, Suter, Vatanen

Bench: T.Hertl, V.Nishushkin, Gallagher, Pulkkinen, Mike Reilly, Korpisalo
    Goalies: J.Allen, Lundqvist

Farm Team: Rantanen(RW) Barzal(C) Provorov(D) Nurse(D) Kylington(D)

Follow Me https://twitter.com/#!/MRHOCKEYLOVER87

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Yea, he's definitely a guy I'm holding onto tight.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Going to try and pick him up. Use the buy low method. Expiring contract in my league, hoping he can put up 20pts in 2nd half.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by sharpp87 View Post
    Hi everybody,

Is subban playing like he will be in the NHL for his career ??? ( 35-40 pts player )

or

Just a bad timing like all the club and the points will come for sure and be a 45-55 player every year.

is it time to trade him and let the other guy think he will be a 50 pts player or keep him ?

What do you think ?

Cheers
    He's really struggled this season mostly due to the fact that the Montreal blue line has been banged up. He was given a ton of responsibility and minutes he hadn't played before, which he clearly couldn't handle. He's a very talented player and has a fantastic shot, which will help him put up points in the future. I'd say his "upside" is 50-60 points, with lots of PIM, Hits and SOG.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Star

montreal is medicore (at best) offensively. for dmen (systems aside), they need to get those extra assists from talented forwards in order to boost their totals.

imagine how many extra points edler/salo/bieksa/hamhuis get from making a good pass to sedin/sedin or kesler to score. now imagine passing to whichever near point-per-game forwards montreal has.....oh wait, they have none lol. if 5 more of pk's passes resulted in a goal in the 40 games that hes played, he'd have 22 pts and hed be on pace for a reasonable 44 pt season.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    montreal is medicore (at best) offensively. for dmen (systems aside), they need to get those extra assists from talented forwards in order to boost their totals.

imagine how many extra points edler/salo/bieksa/hamhuis get from making a good pass to sedin/sedin or kesler to score. now imagine passing to whichever near point-per-game forwards montreal has.....oh wait, they have none lol. if 5 more of pk's passes resulted in a goal in the 40 games that hes played, he'd have 22 pts and hed be on pace for a reasonable 44 pt season.
    You're right, dmen rely heavily on forwards for points. Their production is far more inconsistent than forwards because they shoot from farther out. Lots of things can happen to that puck on the way to the net. It's like the 3-point shot in the NBA - it's lower percentage to shoot from there and by default more inconsistent.

That said, the Habs have a long history of good production from dmen dating back to Sheldon Souray, Mark Streit, Patrice Brisebois and also getting max production from Andrei Markov.