Thread: What's wrong with Goligoski?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default What's wrong with Goligoski?

I dealt Del Zotto and Wheeler earlier in the year and took a huge gamble when Goligoski (and picked up Perron to replace Wheeler) was just about a game away from his return. At the time, Del Zotto had 9.5 points in our format. Now? He's the 4th highest scoring dman in our league (points and .5pts for +/-). I'm kicking myself for this.

Going forward, how do you see the rest of the year shaking out for him? We're right at the half-way point and I could REALLY use some more production from my defence with Kaberle and Doughty not exactly playing like world beaters.

Thanks for your help.
    10 Team Keeper (keep 8 + 2 players under 200GP)
    Stats: Points-only, W (2), SO (2)
    Forwards: J. Tavares, C. Giroux, N. MacKinnon, N. Kucherov, J. Huberdeau, J. Carter, B. Little, P. Bergeron, E. Kuznetsov, C. Smith, M. Granlund, N. Ehlers
    Defence: E. Karlsson, V. Hedman, J. Klingberg, M. Niskanen, J. Schultz, C. Franson
    Goal: B. Bishop, T. Rask, O. Pavelec, A. Vasilevsky (IR)

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm just as perplexed with him as you are. Souray goes down to injury and Daly goes on a tear. I thought Goli would benefit the most from this but he has been absolutely shit since he came back. Maybe you can get Dobber to weigh in on this. He loves Goli as much as I do. Last year when he came to the Stars he was playing at a 50 point pace, but this year he has frustrated his owners. I don't have an answer for you. I'm just sharing my frustration with you.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Ace

thinking about picking up tyler myers for goligoski at this point..
    12 Team, One year, Points only - G,A,PPG,SHG, no positional restrictions
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Makar, Hedman, Andersson, DeAngelo
    Gustavsson, Talbot

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Ya, it's hard not to like Myers over Goligoski at this point. The only reason I would think twice is that you don't count plus/minus, which from this point forward, will likely be an advantage for Myers.

I'm considering shopping Goligoski around, but I'm deathly afraid of what happened when I traded Del Zotto (going on a huge f'ing tear and hurting me any more).
    10 Team Keeper (keep 8 + 2 players under 200GP)
    Stats: Points-only, W (2), SO (2)
    Forwards: J. Tavares, C. Giroux, N. MacKinnon, N. Kucherov, J. Huberdeau, J. Carter, B. Little, P. Bergeron, E. Kuznetsov, C. Smith, M. Granlund, N. Ehlers
    Defence: E. Karlsson, V. Hedman, J. Klingberg, M. Niskanen, J. Schultz, C. Franson
    Goal: B. Bishop, T. Rask, O. Pavelec, A. Vasilevsky (IR)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Goligoski was never that good and never will be. He isn't the big time point producer that every one thought and it shows.
    12 Team Keeper League
    Keep Any 4
    Skater Stats : G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, ATOI, SOG, HIT
    Goalie Stats: W, GAA, SV%
    F: Seguin, Giroux, E Kane, Sharp, Kreider, Hornqvist, Nyquist, Abdelkader, Wingels, Fisher, A Lee, Barkov, J Staal, T Pearson
    D: OEL, Carlson, Klingberg, Myers, Schultz, MDZ
    G: Bobrovsky, C Anderson, J Howard

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

dallas sucked when goli wasn't in the lineup so he clearly has value to the team. perhaps that broken finger is still bothering him.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Goli is that good and he has proved it over the years. He was very good when Gonchar was out in Pittsburgh. He came back and relegated Goli to the pines. When Goli went to Dallas last year he went on a tear. So to me he does have the talent, there has to be something else hindering him this year.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen