Page 228 of 234 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 3510

Thread: Where are the good beer drinkers?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Where are the good beer drinkers?

Nice surprise in the local beer store for me yesterday. Habenero Sculpin. It was good. It had fair amount of heat. I think normal people (not chili heads) would think it was quite hot. It was tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Nice surprise in the local beer store for me yesterday. Habenero Sculpin. It was good. It had fair amount of heat. I think normal people (not chili heads) would think it was quite hot. It was tasty.
    Just snagged a sixer myself, and am having it as I type this. Like you said, the heat is def there mid-to-back end. Not enough to make ya sweat, but it stands up and says "hello!"
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Wizard

Have you found any Victory At Sea yet Bomm? Can't wait to hear your thoughts on that specimen of beery goodness. Since I keep striking out on finding any myself you could say I'm living, or drinking as the case may be, vicariously through those lucky enough to have a supply of it.

Dobber Sports Master

They stock it as a regular in my local beer store. They even had it on tap yesterday. I walked into said store this afternoon to find they have Tongue Buckler on tap. Tongue Buckler has been on the shelves for a while and I have never gotten around to trying it, sooooo I bought a growler of it. It is waiting for me in the fridge right now. The beer buy at the store was raving about it. I was like, "you had me at Ballast Point".

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Have you found any Victory At Sea yet Bomm? Can't wait to hear your thoughts on that specimen of beery goodness. Since I keep striking out on finding any myself you could say I'm living, or drinking as the case may be, vicariously through those lucky enough to have a supply of it.

Dude they have everyone BUT that. It's starting to piss me off.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Dude they have everyone BUT that. It's starting to piss me off.
    I'm living that same nightmare.

Dobber Sports Master

Funny how it is highly available down here in NZ, but you cannot find it in America. Seems backwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Cant you guys order beer online? We have plenty of online beer stores that deliver your beer.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Funny how it is highly available down here in NZ, but you cannot find it in America. Seems backwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Cant you guys order beer online? We have plenty of online beer stores that deliver your beer.
    It's illegal to buy alcohol online here in my little slice of 'heaven'. Technically it's still on the books here that you cannot bring in alcohol that was legally purchased while you are traveling out of state.

Dobber Sports Star

- - - Updated - - -

North America is very confused right now.

Dobber Sports Newbie

I wouldn't consider myself a good beer drinker, I am more of a light weight sloppy beer drinker. I do enjoy Harp and Kilkenny beer and every so often if I am brave I will have a Guinness or two.

- - - Updated - - -

I've ordered beer online via these beer club sites. But you're somewhat limited to their stock which is usually good but not all inclusive and sometimes skunked from being shelved too long or stored improperly. I recall one shipment where I opened the box only to find a coating of dust on various bottles.

...Or you can just mail it via the good ol' US postal service to various individuals who shall remain nameless (dyzfunctioned).
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

The tongue Buckler was just ok for me. Its rough to hide 10% without having a more substantial malt backbone. The beer was slightly boozy. It was good, but it does not hold a candle to Big Eye, Sculpin or Victory at Sea.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Hey AW, I was watching a show earlier, Booze Traveler, and the episode was filmed in New Zealand. Now I just have to ask, in it it was said you guys can legally make your own hooch there? Not home brew, moonshine. Seriously if that's true that's freaking awesome. Good well made moonshine is something everybody should try once before you check out of this life.

Dobber Sports Master

Yes, you can make all your own booze. I haven't gone down that road, but they sell stills at the place where I get my homebrew supplies.

Dobber Sports Master

Well boys, its time to celebrate the birthday of this thread. Best thread of all time.

I picked up a nice little number from Garage Project the other day. This is part of the reason why they are my favorite brewery. This is a black IPA. Incredibly clean. Surprisingly clean. This is what is written on the side of the can:
    "Give yourself to the dark side. Lack Of Faith Black IPA - the colour of space with all the bitterness and powerful hop aroma of its lighter sibling. Only at the end do you notice the power of the dark side as it finishes clean and dry without the heavy roast character of a stout or porter. Do you doubt us? We find your lack of faith disturbing."

- - - Updated - - -

Happy holidays to all you beer geeks. May Santa bring you the best beer ever.
    Attached Images Attached Images