Page 226 of 234 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 3510

Thread: Where are the good beer drinkers?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Where are the good beer drinkers?

It's been a long time since I've had a case of Pliny. I have a friend who just went to Russian River yesterday. Wish I could bribe him to pick me up stuff, but I didn't find out until it was noted on facebook.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Kilkenny from the tap is one of my favs. From the can... not so much. Same as Guiness. I would not buy cans of it, but I do enjoy it from the tap. I do believe those cans have a hard life. They are transported across the country in less than ideal temperatures. It doesn't represent the beer well.

Buying your beer from a good beer store is a must. If the guy behind the counter can't tell you about where the beer comes from and in what condition it is shipped, then I seek beer elsewhere.
    I've never had it from the tap lol, so I couldn't compare. All in all, I really enjoyed Kilkenny. Very drinkable indeed. Watery yes, but i'm ok with that. Silky smooth head that persists. Went down great. I also like the mild to low carbonation (very few burps..) I will keep buying it. ~$11 for 4 cans.

I've read that cans still beat bottles as the light penetrating the glass does some things to the beer....
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    I've never had it from the tap lol, so I couldn't compare. All in all, I really enjoyed Kilkenny. Very drinkable indeed. Watery yes, but i'm ok with that. Silky smooth head that persists. Went down great. I also like the mild to low carbonation (very few burps..) I will keep buying it. ~$11 for 4 cans.

I've read that cans still beat bottles as the light penetrating the glass does some things to the beer....
    I buy my Sculpin in cans. Never had a complaint.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

Yes, it's not the can. It's the way those cans are kept. Stored at room temp, even higher in summer. If you have a good beer store and you beer is all kept chilled, it's probably not a worry. If you beer is on the shelf at room temp, try and find a better beer store.

Dobber Sports Genius

Yes, it's not the can. It's the way those cans are kept. Stored at room temp, even higher in summer. If you have a good beer store and you beer is all kept chilled, it's probably not a worry. If you beer is on the shelf at room temp, try and find a better beer store.
    LCBO here in Ontario. Cans were cool on cooling shelf when I bought them. But yeah, I can see them warming along transit. Still, good enough for me lol. thanks for your feedback. i'm a rook in this department.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Going Stone IPA this eve. Headin to a spot on the water for din with my bride, and some friends. L'il chill time.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Genius

Just had Sierra Nevada's Barrel Aged Belgian Dubbel. This is my new favorite beer. Cost 20 bucks, but the bourbon barrel-aged goodness in combination with the monks of St. Clairvoux is just awesome. Very very good and I hope to get it again sometime in the near future.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Apprentice

New Belgium!
    FINALLY is available in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania! For those of you not familiar with the liquor laws in the States, my home state of PA is about 2 steps from Prohibition when it comes to purchasing anything alcoholic. One of my favorite breweries is finally distributing their wares in PA and I've stocked up on Fat Tire (amber ale), Slow Ride (a session IPA), Pumpkick (seasonal pumpkin ale) and Snapshot (a tart wheat beer). Fat Tire has always been one of my 'go to' brews (before moving to PA, that is) and I must say, I have not been disappointed in anything I've sampled so far!

On another note, I had the opportunity to tour the Dogfish Head Brewery in Milton, DE last week while on vacation in Rehobeth Beach, DE - of course, free samples (4 six ounce samples) of any of their brews. WOW WOW WOW!!! I also spent Thursday night at their brew pub...secretly telling the wife I wanted to watch the Pats/Steelers game but really going for the beer and downing untold glasses of their 60 Minute IPA, 75 Minute IPA, 90 Minute IPA, Hound Puppy Ale, and their Oracle Cookie Stout! If you haven't sampled their wares, they are definitely a bucket list brewery. The owner's philosophy is he makes what he wants and uses both unique and high-quality ingredients.
    2012 DobberHockey Hall of Fame - Player's Category

Dobber Sports Wizard

I can hardly believe it. I'm still pinching myself to be sure it's not a dream. This freaking cultural jerkwater just got another swift, and much needed, kick in the ass.

We finally got Ballast Point. Sculpin, Grapefruit Sculpin, and Victory At Sea!!!!! Just a small sample of their portfolio of frothy goodies, but some is vastly better than none. Gonna have to crack open one of these bad boys and have my first ever taste of Ballast Point while I watch last night's Stars-Lightning game.

Rest of the haul:

Stone Thunderstruck IPA
    Not Your Father's Root Beer <--This stuff is super addictive. I mean like crack.
    Great Divide Oatmeal Yeti Stout
    Blvd Imperial Stout Tart Cherry

I'll have to resurrect the spirits thread too. Found some goodies on that side of the aisle as well.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Titan

Anyone have Tiger yet? Vietnamese. Pretty good actually. Prolly the best one I had while I was there a month and a bit ago
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    I can hardly believe it. I'm still pinching myself to be sure it's not a dream. This freaking cultural jerkwater just got another swift, and much needed, kick in the ass.

We finally got Ballast Point. Sculpin, Grapefruit Sculpin, and Victory At Sea!!!!! Just a small sample of their portfolio of frothy goodies, but some is vastly better than none. Gonna have to crack open one of these bad boys and have my first ever taste of Ballast Point while I watch last night's Stars-Lightning game.

Rest of the haul:

Stone Thunderstruck IPA
    Not Your Father's Root Beer <--This stuff is super addictive. I mean like crack.
    Great Divide Oatmeal Yeti Stout
    Blvd Imperial Stout Tart Cherry

I'll have to resurrect the spirits thread too. Found some goodies on that side of the aisle as well.
    Those are three solid beers. I have a feeling that Victory will be your fav. Its perfection in a bottle.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Those are three solid beers. I have a feeling that Victory will be your fav. Its perfection in a bottle.
    I only picked up the standard Sculpin. I was already over the "hard cap" I put on myself for this trip(by~$50USD, I'm the worst impulse buyer in the world when it comes to booze) so I left the Grapefruit and Victory for next time. I almost missed them totally, they were on the bottom half of the cooler and right next the divider between cooler segments.

Now having tried the Sculpin I have call it my new favorite IPA. Hands down. And that's not to take anything away from Stone Go-To and Deschutes Inversion. Sculpin is just so well balanced and has a taste unlike any other IPA I can recall. Just spectacular.

Dobber Sports Master

Sculpin is universally acclaimed. Great beer. We are just coming out of winter down here and I have been on a real stout kick the last few months. I'm actually having one right now and its a ripper. Chocolate, coffee and vanilla come through with this beer. Its 9%, but not at all boozy. Really nice beer. Its brewed in Christchurch, NZ by Raindogs Brewing Company and its called Singularity. They just started so I doubt there is any North American distribution. I guess its just me and the Kiwis that will be enjoying it for now!

Dobber Sports Wizard

That does sound like a ripper.

The only new one on the stout front from yesterday was the limited edition Blvd Imperial Stout X Tart Cherry. So new on the market there are only two reviews on BA. Funny thing I didn't realize until I went to put it in the fridge that it was tart cherry. I saw the bottle and thought, awesome another bottle of the Aztec Chocolate. Had the coffee variant awhile back and it was excellent. And I see on BA there is a coconut variant as well. I'd give it a go just because it's Blvd, but that's an odd duck if I ever heard of one.

Missed one other beer, Avery's The Kaiser. It's a Marzen/Octberfest brew, part of their Dictator series. I've had the other two, The Maharaja and The Czar. both were very good.

Dobber Sports Ace

Perfect timing for this thread to pop up again. I'm going down to southern California to catch a Monday Nighter and then an Oil Ducks game. My buddy and are looking to do a bunch of breweries down there on the day or two in between. We are obviously doing Stone and then Ballast Point. But there are others like Green Flash, Latitude 33, Rip Current and more. Wondering if anyone has recommendations for ones to visit or cool pubs in the area. Cheers!
    Main Squad: H2H Multicat Points
    10 Team 16 Keepers

G:3 A:2 +/-:1 PPP:0.5 PIM:0.25 Shot:0.2 Hit:0.2 Block:0.2
    W:3 SV:0.2 GA:-1 SO:3

3C 3LW 3RW 5D 2G 5 BENCH 2IR

C: Crosby, Malkin, Giroux, Getzlaf, Barkov
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Landeskog, E. Kane
    RW: Kessel, Perry, Hudler, Atkinson
    D: Letang, Carlson, Yandle, Rielly, Leddy
    G: Schneider, Rask, Anderson

Prospects (5)
    Vasilevski Burakovsky Bjorkstrand Dvorak Chychrun