Page 203 of 234 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 213 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 3510

Thread: Where are the good beer drinkers?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Where are the good beer drinkers?

Never had Hop Nosh. Doesn't seem to be distributed here. Stupid southern hemisphere....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Alas all the goodies I brought back from Texas have been consumed so time to re-stock.

Great Divide Yeti Stout, Oak Aged Yeti, Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti, Oatmeal Yeti
    Rogue Double Chocolate Stout
    Stone Russian Imperial Stout
    Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout, Organic Chocolate Stout
    Blvd. Dark Truth...Stout

I don't see a pattern developing there, do you? What can I say...I loves me a good stout. The blacker the beer, the better the beer.

I did however grab some other styles....

Ommegang Abbey Ale
    Deschutes Not The Stoic
    Stone Old Guardian

Trying to make up my mind which to lead off with. Kinda leaning towards the Stone Russian Imperial but the Not The Stoic is an enticing alternative. Well my indecision aside what's on your drinks menu my frothy friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Never had Hop Nosh. Doesn't seem to be distributed here. Stupid southern hemisphere....
    The Hop Nosh was solid, but prob ranked bottom half of my top ten IPAs (in my limited experience with IPAs) - not to put too fine a point on it. Sculpin and 2xIPA still top that list w/ Lagunitas Sucks not too far behind. I also put Two Hearted Ale above the Nosh near DFH 60 min IPA.

Tonight it's Stone Ruination IPA and Founder's Double Trouble. Looking forward to the Double Trouble, that's a new one for me.

NWO...you're an effin stout junkie my friend!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    The Hop Nosh was solid, but prob ranked bottom half of my top ten IPAs (in my limited experience with IPAs) - not to put too fine a point on it. Sculpin and 2xIPA still top that list w/ Lagunitas Sucks not too far behind. I also put Two Hearted Ale above the Nosh near DFH 60 min IPA.

Tonight it's Stone Ruination IPA and Founder's Double Trouble. Looking forward to the Double Trouble, that's a new one for me.

I really love Double Trouble - they did a brandy barrel aged, dry-hopped version called Looking Glass a few years ago that remains in my Top Three IIPAs, along with Pliny the Younger 2013, and Alpine Exponential Hoppiness.

I am an absolute hop freak - I've travelled the world trying the famous ones, am now sedentary and satisfied with what comes through the local market.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Yes, guilty as charged!

Come to the dark side. It's not so bad. We have pretzels!

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Yes, guilty as charged!

Come to the dark side. It's not so bad. We have pretzels!
    Oh I love my stouts and porters, but usually enjoy them more so in fall and winter months. Like right now this Founders Double Trouble IPA is going down really well after a day of laying 50+ bags of cedar mulch.

i will say I need some Abbey Ale in my life - year 'round. In fact, I believe there would be less conflict in the world if everyone would just chilled the eff out over a few Abbey Ales.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm entertaining a friend this evening

Following a 2006 Grosset Polish Hill Riesling and a 2003 Heartland Director's Cu Shiraz, we will be having one of my favourite beers:

2012 Half Pints Le Temps Noir Barrel Aged Imperial Stout.

Just a perfect big, boozy, no holds barred Impy Stout - with 12 months bourbon barrel aging on it.

Shame they only ever made it the once, it's really a great beer.

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    I'm entertaining a friend this evening

Following a 2006 Grosset Polish Hill Riesling and a 2003 Heartland Director's Cu Shiraz, we will be having one of my favourite beers:

2012 Half Pints Le Temps Noir Barrel Aged Imperial Stout.

Just a perfect big, boozy, no holds barred Impy Stout - with 12 months bourbon barrel aging on it.

Shame they only ever made it the once, it's really a great beer.
    A "friend"?? Do you need another? I have never heard of those brews, but I think I could be your friend if you offer those up.

I never did comment on the Double Trouble...great balance on the citrus/malt end, although slightly weighted towards the citrus. Not quite the bomb that say Lagunitas Sucks has, but not the malty heavy Dogfish Head IPA either. I tend toward the citrus/hops side on my IPAs so I put it just below the Lagunitas....4th overall i think?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

A "friend"?? Do you need another? I have never heard of those brews, but I think I could be your friend if you offer those up.

I never did comment on the Double Trouble...great balance on the citrus/malt end, although slightly weighted towards the citrus. Not quite the bomb that say Lagunitas Sucks has, but not the malty heavy Dogfish Head IPA either. I tend toward the citrus/hops side on my IPAs so I put it just below the Lagunitas....4th overall i think?
    The Temps Noir was a one-off from a very good, but unheralded, brewery in Winnioeg, MB.

It follows their previous rye-barrel-aged stout, the $ellout Stout, which was made twice (2009 and 2011).

I've stopped collecting rare beers, and I'm quietly drinking up my cellar.

The only things I still collect are lambics, and that's it.

My father-in-law had someone bring back a couple of cases of Yuengling this past week, he had been raving about it for a couple of weeks prior. Anyway, the traditional lager and the premium was pretty good! I have never really been a huge specialty/craft/microbrewery beer guy, I drink Keith's more than anything regularly!

A new place in my city just opened up called the Barnstormer Brewery and I have been a couple of times with some friends and had a couple flights of their dark and light brews, overall a pretty awesome place! The food is incredible, cheap and the portion sizes are huge!

Banned

Yuengling is amazing. Not necessarily craft though.

Sam Adams original boston lager is probably my favourite beer right now.

La Fin Du Monde is terrible. I don't know how anyone drinks that more than once.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Yuengling is amazing. Not necessarily craft though.

Sam Adams original boston lager is probably my favourite beer right now.

La Fin Du Monde is terrible. I don't know how anyone drinks that more than once.
    It's an abbey-style Tripel - there are lots of examples of the style out there - I genuinely enjoy Fin du Monde, though I would rather have a Karmeliet or Westmalle Tripel ahead of it.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    I have never really been a huge specialty/craft/microbrewery beer guy, I drink Keith's more than anything regularly!
    Everyone starts out like that. If you are interested in beer, start trying different beer all the time, then follow what you like. If you like what you are drinking right now and aren't interested to branch out, that's ok too. You can enjoy beer either way. My advice is drink something different at least once a week. See where that takes you. The worst thing that can happen is you drink a beer that you dont like. Even then, you just drank a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Even then, you just drank a beer.
    Agreed! I have always tried different beers just never really took note to what they were or how much I enjoyed them!

Banned

the best craft I've had so far is Big Rig Scotch Ale: http://www.bigrigbrewery.com/tabid/111064/default.aspx

and Mill Street Vanilla Porter is delicious