Page 199 of 234 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 209 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3510

Thread: Where are the good beer drinkers?

Default Re: Where are the good beer drinkers?

I went around the world last night in my neighborhood pub. While enjoying the Rangers win, I started w/ great Lakes Commodore Perry IPA, on to the aforementioned Stone Go To IPA, back to Rare Vos, and then finished with Westmalle Trappist Dubbel.

Then I ordered a wood fired meatball/cherry pepper pizza to take home. Oh yes....
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

The wife and I are heading to our sat afternoon tavern visit (it's turned into a normal sat thing).. I'm having a hard time trying anything new as I've got stuck on Abbey Ale and St Bernardus.

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    The wife and I are heading to our sat afternoon tavern visit (it's turned into a normal sat thing).. I'm having a hard time trying anything new as I've got stuck on Abbey Ale and St Bernardus.
    lol...well, if ya HAVE to be stuck on something. Poor guy.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Expert

Dudes,
    Game changing Imperial IPA, EvilTwin Molotov Cocktail. The greatest beer I have ever tasted. 13% alcohol and well priced.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

in almost 200 pages, has anyone discovered how to cure/prevent those god awful morning after beer shits?

i.e the ones where you drink half the contents of a beer store the night before and then thank the lord that your toilet doesn't have eyes to witness such a horrific event lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    in almost 200 pages, has anyone discovered how to cure/prevent those god awful morning after beer shits?

i.e the ones where you drink half the contents of a beer store the night before and then thank the lord that your toilet doesn't have eyes to witness such a horrific event lol
    its all about water. Chug at least 2 bottles of it before sleeping.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gaborlick View Post
    Dudes,
    Game changing Imperial IPA, EvilTwin Molotov Cocktail. The greatest beer I have ever tasted. 13% alcohol and well priced.
    Hey man, why is this a game changer?

Big ol' bottle of gatorade on the night stand makes it less painful. That and stay away from Genny Cream Ale. That'll kill ya.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

The best way is not to over indulge. I recommend getting 2-3 premium beers to drink rather than drinking a bunch of crap beer. It takes a while to drink 500ml of 8-9% beer. Especially if you are making an effort to enjoy the beer rather than just drinking it.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Hey man, why is this a game changer?
    To me, because it is the perfect beer. Great balance, alcohol and very well priced. I've purchased 1 bottle of Dogfishhead 120 minute from 10$ to 18$. A four pack of this type of beer for $12.. golden.

Really though. I've had a lot of Imperial IPA and this is by far the best I've ever tasted.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper

Dobber Sports Expert

avoid beers that have Malodextrin. Drinks water before bed and after, get an abundant amount of sleep. Sleeping it off it always the best bet. Or just wake up and get buzzed again.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper

Went to Pittsburgh about a month ago for the pirates home opener and a pens/hawks game - had Iron City Beer for the first time and loved it!
    Me and some buddies are wondering if its possible to find in Canada!?
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Master

Well lads, I had a couple beers worthy of note this weekend.

Big Eye IPA - Ballast Point. One of my favorites. Not as good as the Sculpin, but also not as expensive. Great beer. Never regret getting it.

Next I had the beer I was really looking forward to. Death From Above Indochene Pale Ale from Garage Project.... Well that was interesting. I had only heard that the beer was good from a few different sources. Didn't really know much about it other than it is a seasonal release. Only 2000L this year. Its rare. So when I saw it, I was interested to find out what was up. Great aroma upon opening. Nice deep red color when pouring and it kept a head during the entire time I drank it. First drink was like... whoa.... HOPS! HOPS!!! but there was something else that I couldn't put my finger on. Drank half of the beer, before being interested enough in that taste to go online and find out more about the beer. Then I read it has the following in it "mango, chili, Vietnamese mint and lime juice".... Crazy. I didny get much chili, but I did get some of the mango, mint and lime juice. I couldn't figure out what was in it as I was thinking of all the traditional beer ingredients. Anyways... I doubt you folks will ever see this beer due to the rarity of it. But if you do, GET IT... As you can see, the label is gorgeous. Read about it here: http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/garage-...-above/215657/

Attached Images Attached Images

Dobber Sports Master

Well, I have had an awesome beer week. Well, its more like two or three weeks. This time of year is great in NZ as it seems like all the new beers get released. I'll go through a few of them here that I have had over the last 10 days or so.

My beloved Hop Zombie by Epic Brewing is back. The brewery emailed me an offer to buy a pre-release and I jumped at it. No branding, just a laser printed label in a plastic bottle. It was sublime. As fresh as you can get it. This was fantastic. Smells of stone fruit, marijuana and citrus. Incredible.

Dobber Sports Master

Next one I had was an old friend. Racer 5 from Bear Republic. Great beer as always.