Page 197 of 234 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 207 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3510

Thread: Where are the good beer drinkers?

Default Re: Where are the good beer drinkers?

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Just finishing off the last couple of singles that had been shoved towards the back of the fridge. A bottle of Lagunitas Brown Shugga and a Deschutes Jubelale. Also being the end of the month it's time to crack open another bottle of Blvd Bourbon Barrel Quad to see how it has aged.

What are you guys drinking this evening/weekend?
    How's that Brown Shugga?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    How's that Brown Shugga?
    How could it taste so good?

Dobber Sports Wizard

How's that Brown Shugga?
    It's unmistakably Lagunitas, that is to say, really hoppy with a strong malt backbone. Sweet without being overly so. An earthiness to the hops that borders on piney. Absolutely mouthwatering.

Dobber Sports Master

That sounds lovely.

Dobber Sports Wizard

The only downside is it's a seasonal, late Fall/early Winter timeframe.

Dobber Sports Master

For me that is an upside. You appreciate it more. Down here Hop Zombie is only brewed in July and when it runs out, it runs out. I kinda like that. Makes it more special. Sometimes it lasts until November, sometimes longer. I dont know if they increased production this year or what but you can still pick it up today. Personally, I think it was a weird batch. Hops were too strong, if you can imagine me saying that....... It was unbalanced. I'm very keen to see what the 2014 batch is like. Can.... not.... wait....! Seasonal beers rule!

The only downside is it's a seasonal, late Fall/early Winter timeframe.
    Are you in AW's neck of the woods? Cuz last I checked it's Spring up in heh.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Wizard

I see your point there AW and for the most part I agree. Most seasonal brews are best in short runs, but Brown Shugga would be top notch year-rounder. Either way I did savor that last bottle.

Hey Bomm, hit me with some Dogfish recommendations. Just under two months and I will be down in Austin and will be hunting the elusive Dogfish Head beers. They are known to exist in captivity in the Lone Star State, and I intend to bag my limit.

I see your point there AW and for the most part I agree. Most seasonal brews are best in short runs, but Brown Shugga would be top notch year-rounder. Either way I did savor that last bottle.

Hey Bomm, hit me with some Dogfish recommendations. Just under two months and I will be down in Austin and will be hunting the elusive Dogfish Head beers. They are known to exist in captivity in the Lone Star State, and I intend to bag my limit.
    Oh gladly!

First, if you can find their Chicory Stout on draught, that, my friend, is one of the best out there. My Antonia is a great take on a pilsner - hoppy with citrus notes. Just splendid.

Robert Johnson's Hellhound on My Ale - A monster Hopper of a brew (100 IBUs). It's hopped and then hopped some more for the eff of it! And my favorite fruit of them all...lemon. Good shit right there.

60, 90, 120 Minute IPA. I prefer the 90 Min. The 60 is a bit thin, but a more than adequate brew if all the pub offers is Bud, Coors, or some piss like that. The 120 Min is great, but if you're an IPA purist, I'd go with the 90. The 120 ironically is a bit malty on the back end.

Namaste is a witbeir. Normally I'm not too big an advocate of wheat beers, but this is good....I believe due to the coriander and lemon...makes it seem like a belgian.

And last but certainly not least, Theobroma. If you can find this elusive brew, it needs to be experienced. The most unique beer I have ever had the pleasure of bathing my palate. The mocha chips up front, followed by the subtle onset of ancho chile on the backend make this stand alone beer. Desert or appetizer. No need to pair it with anything...just sip 'till your heart's content.

Good luck!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

I watched the series of shows about Dogfish Head a couple years ago. There was one about the brewing of Theobroma. Very interesting and Sam Calagione has the best job on the planet.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Oh gladly!

First, if you can find their Chicory Stout on draught, that, my friend, is one of the best out there. My Antonia is a great take on a pilsner - hoppy with citrus notes. Just splendid.

Robert Johnson's Hellhound on My Ale - A monster Hopper of a brew (100 IBUs). It's hopped and then hopped some more for the eff of it! And my favorite fruit of them all...lemon. Good shit right there.

60, 90, 120 Minute IPA. I prefer the 90 Min. The 60 is a bit thin, but a more than adequate brew if all the pub offers is Bud, Coors, or some piss like that. The 120 Min is great, but if you're an IPA purist, I'd go with the 90. The 120 ironically is a bit malty on the back end.

Namaste is a witbeir. Normally I'm not too big an advocate of wheat beers, but this is good....I believe due to the coriander and lemon...makes it seem like a belgian.

And last but certainly not least, Theobroma. If you can find this elusive brew, it needs to be experienced. The most unique beer I have ever had the pleasure of bathing my palate. The mocha chips up front, followed by the subtle onset of ancho chile on the backend make this stand alone beer. Desert or appetizer. No need to pair it with anything...just sip 'till your heart's content.

Good luck!
    Thanks Bomm. There are some other brewers available down there that aren't around here, but the Dog is foremost on the list. Plus I want to check out the local craft beer scene down there. Sounds like they have a pretty good one, which is only fitting as central Texas is the world's cathedral of barbeque. And what else could you possibly drink with a nice slab of moist brisket or link of smoky sausage? Yep, only beer will do.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Now it's not as good as a St Benardus.. But duck island has a faux Belgian brewed in Chicago called Pere Jacques... Bang for the buck.

Dobber Sports Expert

Hey Fellas,

Really enjoying another great california IPA....Racer 5. Delicious. Cheers!
    racer5.jpg
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Expert

Moved onto a Sculpin. What an amazing beer:
    sculpin-ipa-3833.jpg
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Master

That's a great beer night for you. World class IPAs. Beauty.