Page 196 of 234 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 206 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3510

Thread: Where are the good beer drinkers?

Default Re: Where are the good beer drinkers?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    With 195 pages in this thread I am not sure if this has been asked before but has anyone tried Lech beer before?

I had some on the weekend and I must say it was a pretty tasty brew.
    Can't say I've heard of it. But I'll keep an eye out for it if you're recommending it.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Expert

Hey Fellas,

Man, it's been ages since I've been around. Hope all is well. I really enjoyed this beauty today after visiting Stone on a California holiday. Cheers!20140218__ls_0220_beerblog~p1_400.jpg:
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Expert

Since it's been about 5 months, I may as well make up for some lost time. I just visited Stone brewing Bistro in San Diego...wow! If you're anywhere around that area, you have to go. They have about 16 taps of their own great brews and at least 8 guest taps of top notch beer as well. What a day.

A buddy of mine and I also made the trek in Feb to sample Pliny the Younger. We also visited Lagunitas and Bear Republic. Lagunitas is better, but both are well worth the trek.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Quote Originally Posted by bumchilly25 View Post
    Hey Fellas,

Man, it's been ages since I've been around. Hope all is well. I really enjoyed this beauty today after visiting Stone on a California holiday. Cheers!20140218__ls_0220_beerblog~p1_400.jpg:
    That's so cool. I've done wine tours, but never a brewery. I really need to get at that.

Tonight is Hennepin. Just happened upon four of them in my fridge. Whouda thunk it...
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Expert

Hey Bomm, good to see a bumch of the 'regulars' returning back to the thread. I'm currently drinking a Widmer California Common after 5 hrs in 90F heat at the Wet n Wild Water park.
    widmer-columbia-common.jpg
    Cheers boys!

Hey Bomm, good to see a bumch of the 'regulars' returning back to the thread. I'm currently drinking a Widmer California Common after 5 hrs in 90F heat at the Wet n Wild Water park.
    widmer-columbia-common.jpg
    Cheers boys!
    90F?!? Fuuuuuuuuuug! It's still snowing here.

In any event, ya we have to revive this thing. I'm shedding my winter season's quad & stout cocoon, and gladly morphing into saison's and IPAs. I do love working in out in the yard all day in the heat, only to crack a Hop Stoopid and throw some burgs on the grill.

...but for now, I shovel.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Expert

Buffalo right? Yikes! Shovel will be put away soon and those saisons and IPA's will taste all the better. Let's call all the regulars up and make sure they know this thread is alive and kickin'
    Onto this guy, before we head out for dinner....a Saint Archer IPA....why are all my pics so small?:
    IMG_2318-001.jpg

Buffalo right? Yikes! Shovel will be put away soon and those saisons and IPA's will taste all the better. Let's call all the regulars up and make sure they know this thread is alive and kickin'
    Onto this guy, before we head out for dinner....a Saint Archer IPA....why are all my pics so small?:
    IMG_2318-001.jpg
    lol..size doesn't matter.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

I drink IPA and IIPAs all year round. There isn't really a winter here. Haven't seen snow in about 14 years. Its always IPA season in Auckland.

I would love to go on a brewery tour in San Diego. That is pretty much beer mecca for me.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Can't say I've heard of it. But I'll keep an eye out for it if you're recommending it.
    From what I was told, its a German import beer (import to Canada).

lech.jpg
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Trying Sierra Nevada Rye PA. BA gives it solid 87. Rightfully so...imo. A more than adequate substitute if ya can't get your hands on Red's Rye, but def not to the same level. Not quite as hoppy - which is missed - and somewhat thin.

Overall, I'd have it on tap in a pub over a game, but give me Red's if you please.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

One I've really been liking at my local pub, but it's expensive is st. Bernardus. It's a Belgian.

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    One I've really been liking at my local pub, but it's expensive is st. Bernardus. It's a Belgian.
    Oh yes, that's a good one. had the pleasure of having that one when my wife signed me up for the Belgium Beer Club. That was great year....[sigh]...
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

Just had a bit of Old Rasputin on tap at a local pub... a good choice I'd say.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Wizard

Just finishing off the last couple of singles that had been shoved towards the back of the fridge. A bottle of Lagunitas Brown Shugga and a Deschutes Jubelale. Also being the end of the month it's time to crack open another bottle of Blvd Bourbon Barrel Quad to see how it has aged.

What are you guys drinking this evening/weekend?