Page 193 of 234 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3510

Thread: Where are the good beer drinkers?

Dobber Sports Master

I didn't look through all the posts on this thread, but wanted to put in my two cents worth even if it has been mentioned before. Really enjoyed Rolling Rock Extra Pale Ale produced in St. Louis, Missouri. Goes down great with anything.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by LordoftheRinks View Post
    Just bought a few 750 ml bottles of Ommegang's (my favorite brewery BTW) "Take the Black Stout" to try tonight. This is the 2nd of their limited issue "Game of Thrones" series (Iron Throne, a blonde ale) was the first.

Anyone tried it yet? I'm trying to hold off until the first game starts tonight but my will is beginning to crumble...
    I've got one bottle of "Take The Black", just waiting for a chance to sit down and re-watch season one of GoT. I think pop the top at the same moment they raise the gate in the wall in the opening scene. Can't wait to try this one since Ommegang is so synonymous with top-shelf Belgain-style beers. Stouts are not exactly a style I think of with regards to them, but then again I've never had an Ommegang beer I didn't thoroughly enjoy. I'll be curious to read your take on it.

Earlier you mentioned Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout and I agree it's superb. Sublime even. Easily in my top 5 stouts along with Blvd. Dark Truth, North Coast Old Rasputin, Deschutes Obsidian, and Great Divide Yeti. Reminds me a bit of Tallgrass Buffalo Sweat, but more chocolatety with the addition of the Theobroma and a tick more toasty notes.

Just bought a few 750 ml bottles of Ommegang's (my favorite brewery BTW) "Take the Black Stout" to try tonight. This is the 2nd of their limited issue "Game of Thrones" series (Iron Throne, a blonde ale) was the first.

Anyone tried it yet? I'm trying to hold off until the first game starts tonight but my will is beginning to crumble...
    I will certainly keep an eye out for that, thanks, LoR. I almost picked up a milk stout for tonight, but I'm not quite in stout mode yet. So I opted for the Maredsous Blonde - a solid Belgian Pale. Not as heavy on the coriander or zest as other Belgians, but a beer that stands up nonetheless. However, I would say I think I prefer the Maredsous Brune.

Picked up some Trois Pistoles for the weekend, and I went off the grid w/ a Dogfish Head selection - big bottle of Black & Blue (fermented blackberries and blueberries). I am not - by any means - a fruit beer guy but this one was too intriguing to pass on, and from one of my favorite brewers so....

I am saving that one for Saturday night. Keep ya posted.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Expert

Glad to see this finally make it's way up to the Great White North. Just in time for our Thanksgiving:
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I didn't look through all the posts on this thread, but wanted to put in my two cents worth even if it has been mentioned before. Really enjoyed Rolling Rock Extra Pale Ale produced in St. Louis, Missouri. Goes down great with anything.

You mean you haven't bothered to read the 2800+ posts in this thread? LAZY!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by bumchilly25 View Post
    Glad to see this finally make it's way up to the Great White North. Just in time for our Thanksgiving:
    Crisp & citrusy (is that a word?) is how I would describe it. IPA's tend to be hit or miss with me but this one is definitely a hit.
    2012 DobberHockey Hall of Fame - Player's Category

Dobber Sports Guru

I was in NYC last weekend for a wedding and I was drinking a beer called "Porkslap Pale Ale" all night and it was great! Little hint of ginger and nice and malty, definitely worth checking out.

http://www.butternutsbeerandale.com/

Last edited by wendelclark17; October 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

UPDATE: Boys, it's good, damn good! More of a porter or a Belgian dark than a stout but very crisp with a licorice / chocolate flavor. Great head too (...and really, who DOESN'T like great head)!

Not something I would drink everyday but then again this is a limited batch so very good in the short term!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    I was in NYC last weekend for a wedding and I was drinking a beer called "Porkslap Pale Ale" all night and it was great! Little hint of ginger and nice and malty, definitely worth checking out.

http://www.butternutsbeerandale.com/

I've had a few of these in my Sunday night beer league - very good. Butternuts also makes a Heinnieweisse Weissebier (also in cans) that's pretty good in its own right.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by maya has the knife View Post
    Got my afternoon planned around this one...

Good Gawd that looks absolutely delicious. Is it gluten-free, haha (and I realize it most likely is not)?
    18-team! H2H Keeper League (10-keepers)
    G, A, PTS, PIM, +/-, PPG, PPP, GWG, SOG, Hits, BLK (11)
    W, GAA, SV, SA, SV%, SO (6)

C: Giroux,Benn,
    Bjugstad,
    LW: Pavelski,Tatar,Roussel
    RW: MacKinnon,Rantanen,Simmonds,Wingels,
    D: Ekblad,Trouba,Hanifan,Phaneuf,Del Zotto,Gudas,
    G: Schneider,C.Anderson,Raanta

Dobber Sports Expert

Shhhhhh.....splitting this with the wife. It's actually really outstanding:
    Last edited by bumchilly25; October 12, 2013 at 10:07 AM.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Expert

I'm enjoying another Sam Adams Oktoberfest. seems about right. We're out at the Lake for a couple of nights....clear, cool, about 4C...40F for my American friends. Enjoy boys!

Dobber Sports Wizard

The drink of the moment....

Really diggin' the mix of west coast IPA and Belgian yeast. That unique fruity-ness that comes with Belgian yeast strains(pear, apple, and plum) is quite a tasty compliment to the mild piney hop.

Dobber Sports Expert

Wow! What a day. We're out at a tiny lake for the Canadian Thanksgiving w/e. I need to hit up a tiny little beer and wine store....and find 7 bottles of this:

This fresh hop beer came and went in all of two days in all place near Vancouver and Victoria. I left 2 behind for somebody else. To my American neighbours, this would be like finding fresh Abrasive a month after it's been cleaned out of every store within 100 miles. Cheers!

Dobber Sports Expert

Enjoying another one of these. Seasons have definitely "flipped" here. Sun was shining today, but there's a strong hint of Fall in the air.