Page 148 of 234 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 158 198 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 3510

Thread: Where are the good beer drinkers?

Malbec night for me. Just a very windy, cold shitty night so I'm hunkered down watching Devil Inside. Seem like a good night for vino and some of the Lady's leftover lasagna.

Saving the Little Sumpin' for tomorrow's eve of football.

On a side note: GO USA!! (8am baby!!)
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

Tonight for me in the fridge its some homebrew IPA and a Hop Zombie. I'm waiting for my other IPA to carb up now. It wont be ready until the 15th. Tomorrow is brewday! I'm brewing an Irish Red. I feel like I should be brewing more IPAs tho. I'm a freaking hop head. Can't get enough of the stuff. The thing that makes it hard is I know I could conceivably run out of my only IPA batch before the next one is ready. I'll have to resort to buying some!

I've done pretty well over the Xmas break with not having to buy beer. Now that I have most of the brewing equipment, it has finally gotten to the point where it is a good economical choice to brew beer. It will always be less than $1.50 for a 750ml bottle, sometimes as low as $1.00. That is good value.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Wedgy View Post
    Tonight for me in the fridge its some homebrew IPA and a Hop Zombie. I'm waiting for my other IPA to carb up now. It wont be ready until the 15th. Tomorrow is brewday! I'm brewing an Irish Red. I feel like I should be brewing more IPAs tho. I'm a freaking hop head. Can't get enough of the stuff. The thing that makes it hard is I know I could conceivably run out of my only IPA batch before the next one is ready. I'll have to resort to buying some!

I've done pretty well over the Xmas break with not having to buy beer. Now that I have most of the brewing equipment, it has finally gotten to the point where it is a good economical choice to brew beer. It will always be less than $1.50 for a 750ml bottle, sometimes as low as $1.00. That is good value.
    That homebrew route is beginning to entice me.....may have to look into that in the not too distant future.

For the meantime though...finishing up a 17 day stint in Kihei, Maui...what a place. Aside from a great visit to Maui Brewing Co, and some solid local brews, the Islands are not a haven for craft brew. However, a trip to Whole Foods this morning, yielded three 22 oz Bombers of Fresh Sculpin!!

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/199/29619

One of the best IPA's if you can ever get your hands on it.

Enjoy the weekend boys!
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Master

I'm a fan of the Ballast Point Big Eye IPA. Haven't had the Sculpin, but I really like the Big Eye IPA . Freaking awesome beer that! I picked that one up on the same day that I bought the Racer 5. For me, the Big Eye was way better than the Racer 5. Personal opinion...

Oh man, Lagunitas Little Sumpin' is very nice. Not my go to Winter beer, but definitely a beer to keep in mind for the lazy hazy days of Summer. A big grilled hunk of halibut springs to mind.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Wedgy View Post
    I'm a fan of the Ballast Point Big Eye IPA. Haven't had the Sculpin, but I really like the Big Eye IPA . Freaking awesome beer that! I picked that one up on the same day that I bought the Racer 5. For me, the Big Eye was way better than the Racer 5. Personal opinion...
    I've had the Big Eye as well and found it a little too malty for my tastes. Maybe I need to re visit as it is a highly regarded IPA nonetheless. I'm not sure why Sculpin is so hard to find, but if it's fresh, it's got an automatic spot in my Top 10 of all time.

So fellas, are we actually close to a settlement? As much as I love this thread (Best of all time...Yes indeed!), I sure would love to talk some hockey one of these day soon.

Fingers crossed.....
    Last edited by bumchilly25; January 5, 2013 at 9:58 PM.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Genius

So for my birthday my wife bought me a few beer glasses as I just have a bunch of regular 16 ounce pint glasses and some Imperial Pint glasses both in size and some with the Royal Seal.

Anyhoo, then I found out that my bro has a case of Pliney the Elder coming into town for me. So I'm pretty stoked about that. I'm curious if another beer type is coming with it or not. So I'll keep you guys posted.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Genius

Forgot to mention that I also got a Sam Adams New World, which is sounds like it's a Belgian style tripel. I'm looking forward to that. Plus, Got some Firestone Pale 31.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    Forgot to mention that I also got a Sam Adams New World, which is sounds like it's a Belgian style tripel. I'm looking forward to that. Plus, Got some Firestone Pale 31.
    I had the New World tripel last week; It was really sweet for a tripel- and really spicy, and pretty strong (you don't taste the 10% and it creeps up on you). A little too sweet for my tastes, but certainly a far from subtle beer.
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

So for my birthday my wife bought me a few beer glasses as I just have a bunch of regular 16 ounce pint glasses and some Imperial Pint glasses both in size and some with the Royal Seal.

Anyhoo, then I found out that my bro has a case of Pliney the Elder coming into town for me. So I'm pretty stoked about that. I'm curious if another beer type is coming with it or not. So I'll keep you guys posted.
    I feel ya. I'm anticipating my first delivery of twelve Belgians from the beer club my wife signed me for Xmas.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Expert

Awesome News! Lockout is over!!

Next Sat, we can not only continue to contribute to the best thread in the world, but actually throw some real live NHL action in there too!

Bring it on!

Cheers!

Dobber Sports Master

Don't know what exactly Pliney tastes like... can't say the same for jealousy though.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Master

A coworker gave me a few sample bottles in exchange for cat sitting.

Currently working on this one

Dunkelweizen is a new style for me, not sure that it's going to be a favourite style but it is an interesting change.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I've been away for a while since there hasn't been any hockey.. so I figured what better way to show back up...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010-2011 League Champion
    2012-2013 Runner Up
    ROTO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2,G | G, A, PPP, +/-, PIM, BS, W, GAA, SV%
    C: Getzlaf, Backstrom
    LW: Hall, Tlusty
    RW: Malkin, Lupul
    D: Ehrhoff, Del Zotto, Enstrom, Carle
    G: Holtby, Smith
    Bench: Faulk, Druoin, MacKinnon, Brodin, S. Mason, Bernier
    H2H Keeper League [5F, 1D, 1F/D 1G]
    2013 - 3rd
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D,1 Ult, 1 G -H2H Daily Start - G, A, +/-, Hits, BS, PPP, SHP - W, SV, GAA, SO
    F:Tavares, Landeskog, E.Kane, Backes, Yakupov, RNH/Kesler
    D: Green/OEL
    G: Rask

Dobber Sports Guru

Finally had me some Red Racer over the weekend (it showed up in my local LCBO) and it is some very good beer. Love the fact it comes in the small cans. I think it will be a regualr beer for me going forward and if it wasnt for this thread I wouldnt have tried it.