Page 102 of 234 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 112 152 202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3510

Thread: Where are the good beer drinkers?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    One that I tried for the first time recently that's absolutely amazing is Firestone Walker Union Jack.
    Cool, dunno if it's available here but I'll take a look... my list to look for is:

Fat Tug
    Union Jack
    Hopworks

Dobber Sports Wizard

Here's the BA listing for Union Jack...

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2210/38180
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Wizard

A summation of Union Jack from the Alstrom Bros...

"This beer is bordering Double IPA territory, which is not a bad thing, though it is a pretty sizable American IPA and is an absolute must for all of the hopheads out there."

Had a great trip to the liquor store... they had growlers of Black Butte Porter, which I'm not sure how I'm going to manage to consume this weekend considering I have a bunch of places to go but I'll figure it out.

They apparently regularly stock up to 2 taps of Deschutes - they had a pale ale on tap too but it was sold out. Pretty pumped I found a place to get Deschutes even if it's not Inversion.

Also bought a 6er of Maximus IPA.

Some beers of note there that I was definitely tempted to buy but couldn't justify spending more money:

Rogue Double Chocolate Stout
    Ommegang Rare Vos/Three Philosophers/Hennepin (man this shit is expensive)
    8 Wired IPA

Also saw a bottle called Brewdog Tactical Nuclear IPA and it was labelled 32%... but it was $86 for a bottle. Anyone hear of this stuff?

Sadly didn't find any of the IPA's I set out to get but the Black Butte makes up for it.

Dobber Sports Master

32% is ridiculous.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Had a great trip to the liquor store... they had growlers of Black Butte Porter, which I'm not sure how I'm going to manage to consume this weekend considering I have a bunch of places to go but I'll figure it out.

They apparently regularly stock up to 2 taps of Deschutes - they had a pale ale on tap too but it was sold out. Pretty pumped I found a place to get Deschutes even if it's not Inversion.

Also bought a 6er of Maximus IPA.

Some beers of note there that I was definitely tempted to buy but couldn't justify spending more money:

Rogue Double Chocolate Stout
    Ommegang Rare Vos/Three Philosophers/Hennepin (man this shit is expensive)
    8 Wired IPA

Also saw a bottle called Brewdog Tactical Nuclear IPA and it was labelled 32%... but it was $86 for a bottle. Anyone hear of this stuff?

Sadly didn't find any of the IPA's I set out to get but the Black Butte makes up for it.
    That's a good haul Dyz.

First up, I think your really going to like the Maximus. Might not be king of the mountain as far as IPAs go but it is a damn fine one if I do say so.

I highly recommend the Rogue Double Chocolate, it's a fine example of a what chocolate stout can be. Those three Ommegang beer are relatively expensive, but they are worth every penny. Of the three you listed the one I would recommend most highly is Three Philosophers. They're all good, but if I had to choose just one, that's the one.

The 8-wired and Brewdog Tactical Nuclear are ones I'm not familiar with. Tried looking them up on BA, but as far as the Brewdog Tactical Nuke all I could find was Tactical Nuclear Penguin, which is listed as an Imperial Stout not an IPA....

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16315/54571

Based on name alone I must try this one!!!^^^^^

The 8-Wired came back as a brewer in NZ. If that's the one they have two IPAs....

Hopwired IPA.....
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22618/63896

And Fresh Hopwired IPA....
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22618/82649

Our resident Kiwi Hophead, Atomic Wedgy, can give you the lowdown on those I'm sure.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Wedgy View Post
    32% is ridiculous.
    That's damn near 80 proof, which for a beer is off the freaking chain.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Wedgy View Post
    32% is ridiculous.
    Not for hard liquor!

I had the 8wired Hopwired IPA... different from the northwest varieties of IPA... certainly less pine and cedar. Not bad, but different.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Wizard

Had to go check out the BrewDog website. First thing I see when I get there is this....

BrewDog is a post Punk apocalyptic mother fu*ker of a craft brewery.
    Say goodbye to the corporate beer whores crazy for power and world domination. Swear allegiance to the uncompromising revolution.

Taste the hops, live the dream. Learn to speak beer, love fruit and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, movers and warriors - the outlaw elite. Ride toward anarchy and caramel craziness. Let the sharp bitter finish rip you straight to the t!ts.

Save up for a Luger, and drill the bastards.
    ----------------------------------

My brothers from other mothers!!!!!!!!

Ahem...calm down....focus....I did do some more looking. Are you sure that was an IPA Dyz? That Tactical Nuclear Penguin Stout has that 32% ABV as well.

That's a good haul Dyz.

First up, I think your really going to like the Maximus. Might not be king of the mountain as far as IPAs go but it is a damn fine one if I do say so.

I highly recommend the Rogue Double Chocolate, it's a fine example of a what chocolate stout can be. Those three Ommegang beer are relatively expensive, but they are worth every penny. Of the three you listed the one I would recommend most highly is Three Philosophers. They're all good, but if I had to choose just one, that's the one.

The 8-wired and Brewdog Tactical Nuclear are ones I'm not familiar with. Tried looking them up on BA, but as far as the Brewdog Tactical Nuke all I could find was Tactical Nuclear Penguin, which is listed as an Imperial Stout not an IPA....

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16315/54571

Based on name alone I must try this one!!!^^^^^

The 8-Wired came back as a brewer in NZ. If that's the one they have two IPAs....

Hopwired IPA.....
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22618/63896

And Fresh Hopwired IPA....
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22618/82649

Our resident Kiwi Hophead, Atomic Wedgy, can give you the lowdown on those I'm sure.
    Yea, I'm looking at $15/750 ml on the Ommegang or a 8-pack sampler (333 ml) for $42.

I've heard good things about 8-wired beers - fill me in AW!

And that's it - the Nuclear Penguin. It was listed as an IPA in the store, but that's definitely it. I would have been all over it but I can't pay $86 for a bottle of beer...

"Tactical Nuclear Penguin (32% ABV) - at the time, the strongest beer ever produced in a competition with German brewer Schorschbräu"

Had to go check out the BrewDog website. First thing I see when I get there is this....

BrewDog is a post Punk apocalyptic mother fu*ker of a craft brewery.
    Say goodbye to the corporate beer whores crazy for power and world domination. Swear allegiance to the uncompromising revolution.

Taste the hops, live the dream. Learn to speak beer, love fruit and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, movers and warriors - the outlaw elite. Ride toward anarchy and caramel craziness. Let the sharp bitter finish rip you straight to the t!ts.

Save up for a Luger, and drill the bastards.
    ----------------------------------

My brothers from other mothers!!!!!!!!

Ahem...calm down....focus....I did do some more looking. Are you sure that was an IPA Dyz? That Tactical Nuclear Penguin Stout has that 32% ABV as well.
    It's the Penguin - store must have just mislabled it.

Also, check this out:

In July 2010, BrewDog produced a 55% A.B.V. freeze-distilled beer called The End of History, with the bottles packaged in the stuffed dead bodies of small animals, priced at £500 and £700 each.[7][8][9] Only 12 bottles were produced; 11 for retail sale, with the other one going to internet video blog BeerTapTV.[10][11] BrewDog claim that this set new records not only for alcoholic strength in a beer, but also for price. Advocates for Animals called the gimmick 'perverse'.[7] The title "strongest beer of the world" has since fallen back to Mr. Tscheuschner from the Schorschbräu brewery in Germany, whose Schorschbock 57 boasts an ABV of 57.5%.[12]

What's the rating on that Tactical Nuclear, NWO?

F*ck, I paid $12 a bottle (333 ml) for Westy 12, to justify $86 it would have to be one hell of a beer.

Dobber Sports Wizard

What's the rating on that Tactical Nuclear, NWO?

F*ck, I paid $12 a bottle (333 ml) for Westy 12, to justify $86 it would have to be one hell of a beer.
    It only scored a 79 from the rank and file at BA. The Alstrom Bros haven't given it a rating. So far it's only had 102 reviews so I wouldn't let those ratings scare me away. The price on the other hand is a bit scary, but still and all I'd give it a go. No guts no glory right?

Whilst we're talking about BrewDog, as I was looking at their beer lineup I was watching the videos they include with some of the listings. These guys are nuts....in a good way. Bomm you will most definitely want to avert your eyes at the 00:24 mark. You may not be able to handle the graphic violence depicted....

http://vimeo.com/15479031

It only scored a 79 from the rank and file at BA. The Alstrom Bros haven't given it a rating. So far it's only had 102 reviews so I wouldn't let those ratings scare me away. The price on the other hand is a bit scary, but still and all I'd give it a go. No guts no glory right?

Whilst we're talking about BrewDog, as I was looking at their beer lineup I was watching the videos they include with some of the listings. These guys are nuts....in a good way. Bomm you will most definitely want to avert your eyes at the 00:24 mark. You may not be able to handle the graphic violence depicted....

http://vimeo.com/15479031
    $86 is quite the leap of faith though... maybe if I had a better salary but that will buy me like four 6'ers of pretty much whatever I want and a two-six of Trois Pistoles.

Hate not having a flash player...

Dobber Sports Wizard

$86 is quite the leap of faith though... maybe if I had a better salary but that will buy me like four 6'ers of pretty much whatever I want and a two-six of Trois Pistoles.

Hate not having a flash player...
    Leap of faith is good term for it. I do like to occasionally splurge on an experimental beer. Using the most current exchange rate that beer would in theory be $88 here...in theory. Actual cost may be much higher. I'd try it once just to experience something on the wild end of experimental.