Page 101 of 234 FirstFirst ... 51 91 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3510

Thread: Where are the good beer drinkers?

Dobber Sports Expert

I love the Laguintas Imperial Red Ale... soooooo Good!

Has the little sumpin the other day, enjoyed it but not my favorite.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Birthday coming up this weekend and looking for something new....I'll take the first suggestion.
    What kind of beer do you like?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatlender View Post
    Like the Maximus, prefer the Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale
    I can find the Maximus around here but not the Little Sumpin'...

Found the tap list for that new place opening downtown Edmonton... not blown away by some of the choices but there are definitely some good ones on it (though the price points seem kind of high on most):

100-200 level:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1

300-400 level:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1

I believe there's supposed to be a 500 level as well but couldn't find the list.

Also, anyone use any beer apps on their phone?

I've got Brew Gene, Untappd, and Beer Citizen installed right now... Untappd has been my go to and I think I'll be deleting Brew Gene.

Beer Citizen is great but it's still in development phases and asks you to rate a beer on a number of different sliders (ie: Hoppiness, etc.) which is fantastic, but a lot of the time I don't want to take the time to analyze and input into my phone.

Edit: Speaking of Untappd, apparently someone just checked in as drinking an Inversion IPA at one of my favorite pubs... I've never seen it there though and it's not on the website. Might have to go there sometime soon.
    Last edited by dyzfunctioned; October 10, 2012 at 2:55 PM.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Grabbed a six pack of Lagunitas Daytime and a Trois Pistoles to boot on my way home from work. Looking forward to the Trois in particular, as I love the dark brews. But I do like the IPAs as well. Any other recommendations along the dark brew lines, guys?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Everyone seems to be into Lagunitas here. I work at 2 bars where we have the Pilsner on tap and occasional others. When guys are asking what to recommend its hard to say cuz beer distribution is the major factor. Where is everyone from? Im not sure what US breweries send stuff up to Canada. Maybe Surly will be next?

If there are any Bell's drinkers... my wife picked up a surprise for me including a Bell's "this one goes to 11 ale" It's an Imperial Red with a label of a volume knob turned up to 11. Also a bottle of Tripel Karmeliet and Foret Blanche from Dupont.

After all that I should really sit back and drink a 30 pack of Hamm's to make sure I'm not a beer snob.

Quote Originally Posted by maya has the knife View Post
    Grabbed a six pack of Lagunitas Daytime and a Trois Pistoles to boot on my way home from work. Looking forward to the Trois in particular, as I love the dark brews. But I do like the IPAs as well. Any other recommendations along the dark brew lines, guys?
    Well if you're into Trappist beers, almost all of them are fantastic... I'd say Rochefort and St Bernardus are probably the two best that are easily accesible (aka not Westvleteren). Hobgoblin makes some fantastic dark brews. If you like Trois Pistoles you'll love Maudite too, though it's technically a dark amber I think?

I could name twenty more, but figure I'll stop myself there

Quote Originally Posted by pull the goalie View Post
    Everyone seems to be into Lagunitas here. I work at 2 bars where we have the Pilsner on tap and occasional others. When guys are asking what to recommend its hard to say cuz beer distribution is the major factor. Where is everyone from? Im not sure what US breweries send stuff up to Canada. Maybe Surly will be next?

If there are any Bell's drinkers... my wife picked up a surprise for me including a Bell's "this one goes to 11 ale" It's an Imperial Red with a label of a volume knob turned up to 11. Also a bottle of Tripel Karmeliet and Foret Blanche from Dupont.

After all that I should really sit back and drink a 30 pack of Hamm's to make sure I'm not a beer snob.
    I'm from Alberta, Canada.

Tripel Karmeliet is a fantastic beer.

Oh and on an unrelated note, I dreamt I went to a local pub and they not only have Inversion IPA, but they also had Great Divide AND Pliny the Elder.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Inversion is a good one... I was drinking some Deschutes tonight, the Chainbreaker White IPA, along with some Founders Breakfast Stout during the draft for the entry level roto invitational.

Pliny the Elder sounds great but I haven't seen it around, will watch out for it.

Quote Originally Posted by pull the goalie View Post
    Inversion is a good one... I was drinking some Deschutes tonight, the Chainbreaker White IPA, along with some Founders Breakfast Stout during the draft for the entry level roto invitational.

Pliny the Elder sounds great but I haven't seen it around, will watch out for it.
    Apparently Deschutes is only available in Alberta in Kegs.

Pliny is pretty much considered the best beer in the world (or at least one of them) but almost impossible to find outside of Cali if I'm not mistaken.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Apparently Deschutes is only available in Alberta in Kegs.

Pliny is pretty much considered the best beer in the world (or at least one of them) but almost impossible to find outside of Cali if I'm not mistaken.
    Yeah your not going to find any Russian River beers outside of Cali. Heck they don't even have Cali fully covered from what I've seen. They're a very limited distribution brewer.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, and why wouldn't you, is to track down all pubs in Alberta that have Deschutes on tap.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Wizard

I retract my previous statement. You can find their beers outside of Cali. They do have limited distribution in OR, WA, CO, and Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Yeah your not going to find any Russian River beers outside of Cali. Heck they don't even have Cali fully covered from what I've seen. They're a very limited distribution brewer.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, and why wouldn't you, is to track down all pubs in Alberta that have Deschutes on tap.
    Mission accomplished: there are currently zero.

They're trying to get it on tap at a few places but nothing set in place as of yet.

I heard one liquor store in Edmonton occasionally has Black Butte on tap to fill growlers with though, so going to run over there at lunch.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Mission accomplished: there are currently zero.

They're trying to get it on tap at a few places but nothing set in place as of yet.

I heard one liquor store in Edmonton occasionally has Black Butte on tap to fill growlers with though, so going to run over there at lunch.
    As much as I love Inversion I love Black Butte even more. Thank you Dyz, you just made my decision about which beer to have with lunch.

Come to me my bottled Black Beauty....

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    As much as I love Inversion I love Black Butte even more. Thank you Dyz, you just made my decision about which beer to have with lunch.

Come to me my bottled Black Beauty....
    Heading to the liquor store in T-5 minutes - quick, hit me up with some IPA suggestions!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Heading to the liquor store in T-5 minutes - quick, hit me up with some IPA suggestions!
    One that I tried for the first time recently that's absolutely amazing is Firestone Walker Union Jack.