Thread: Crazy Thought or Not?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Crazy Thought or Not?

Call me crazy, but I think that the trade for Rundblad is setting up the stage for something else. They are now loaded with a ton of d-prospects knowing (I think anyways) that there are a lot of teams out there that are short of young stud defenseman. Just looking for opinions on this and possible scenarios. My hope is that OEL is on his way to Edmonton in a Hemsky like trade. Just my opinion of course. Anyone else? Happy Holidays!!!
    14 team points only league
    9 forwards (3 of each position)
    4 defense
    2 goalies
    farm team option
    Must submit top 4 pointing players back into draft at end of every season
    14 rounds
    Can only carry over 12 players each year

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Please say yes. Give us OEL!

Dobber Sports Pro

I think the fact Rundblad has been with 3 different organizations in about 2 1/2 years says something about him and his character. I might be looking into it too much but if your traded that often there has to be something up? Doesnt there?
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by dodospice View Post
    I think the fact Rundblad has been with 3 different organizations in about 2 1/2 years says something about him and his character. I might be looking into it too much but if your traded that often there has to be something up? Doesnt there?
    Definitely looking into it too much. He's never been known as having an attitude or being a bad teammate or anything.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ninja

I mentioned this in the trade thread but I would be curious to see if we see a deal surrounding a package with Schenn from the Flyers to the Coyotes for OEL.

Have a bit of trouble gauging OELs full NHL value on my end, but I think C is a position that the Coyotes desperately have to address. They have absolutely no depth there unless I'm forgetting someone all I see is Hanzal and O'Reilly (who still has something to prove). Langkow isn't getting any younger.

Would also address the Flyers need for a young defender which they definitely need now with Pronger's career (not to mention quality of life) in jeopardy.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Expert

Maybe it was just shower room ***** envy. I mean if we are just grasping for reasons I guess any reason goes right?
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    I mentioned this in the trade thread but I would be curious to see if we see a deal surrounding a package with Schenn from the Flyers to the Coyotes for OEL.

Have a bit of trouble gauging OELs full NHL value on my end, but I think C is a position that the Coyotes desperately have to address. They have absolutely no depth there unless I'm forgetting someone all I see is Hanzal and O'Reilly (who still has something to prove). Langkow isn't getting any younger.

Would also address the Flyers need for a young defender which they definitely need now with Pronger's career (not to mention quality of life) in jeopardy.
    If they put OEL on the block, or even someone like Gormley, there won't be any shortage of offers. I'm sure Philly, EDM, NJD, TBL, CBJ and several other teams would be all over that.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Definitely looking into it too much. He's never been known as having an attitude or being a bad teammate or anything.
    I figured I was looking into it too much and I know hes never been known as having an attitude or being a bad teammate but things like that can be hidden. Just me saying what was on my mind really.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Stud

Couldn't agree more Jake44. That was the first thing I said when I heard about the trade.

The Coyotes needed 2 things from trading Turris-

1. immediate help
    2. a center

This trade addresses neither. The last thing they needed was another offensive defenceman prospect. I think part two is on it's way.

Not sure who will move but expect it to be from the back end for what they really need- a center.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    Couldn't agree more Jake44. That was the first thing I said when I heard about the trade.

The Coyotes needed 2 things from trading Turris-

1. immediate help
    2. a center

This trade addresses neither. The last thing they needed was another offensive defenceman prospect. I think part two is on it's way.

Not sure who will move but expect it to be from the back end for what they really need- a center.
    Either way, there are plenty of suitors for young stud defence. I think it will be sooner than later. If they wait too long, the trade deadline will be near and teams who are officially out of the playoffs will be throwing players (defense) in the trade ring as well. If Suter or Weber become available, all attention will be on them and not the Coyotes young defenders. Better to make the move now while everyone is thirsty.
    14 team points only league
    9 forwards (3 of each position)
    4 defense
    2 goalies
    farm team option
    Must submit top 4 pointing players back into draft at end of every season
    14 rounds
    Can only carry over 12 players each year