Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: [Trade] Kyle Turris to Ottawa for Rundblad/2nd

Dobber Sports Immortal

Wow. Shocked by this deal.

Im sure it's been said but the Yotes are stacked on D.

Dobber Sports Master

My prediction:
    Turris puts up more than 30 pts from now to the end of the year.

The development 'track' the the Yotes used on this kid was brutal... when he finally did start to see some success last year he'd still see his ice time slashed at the drop of a hat.

Oh, and let's face it, he can't spend a year straight in the coach's doghouse in Ottawa because they change coaches every 6 months.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Banned

the definition of "out of left field"

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Is Rundblad that special? I'm pretty sure Turris is the best player in this deal. The Sens were smart to make this deal, even though I don't particularly like the Sens.
    This comparison is a little unfair now that Filatov is in Russia but Filatov was traded to Ottawa for a 3rd round. Filatov was the 6th overall pick in 2008.

Turris was dealt to Ottawa for Rundblad (Ottawa gave up Tarasenko to get him showing what he's worth) AND a 2nd.

If you remove Rundblad from the deal and compare the Turris and Filatov deals:

Filatov for 3rd
    Turris for 2nd

What player would you prefer Filatov or Turris? For me, it's damn close. I prefer Filatov's skill set. Many thought Phoenix took Turris way too high in 2007 considering he came from a high school league.

From a prospect perspective, I'd want Filatov's skillset (not saying much right now) over Kyle Turris who has look like an average player in his three NHL seasons.

IMO, Rundblad is the BP in this deal and when you add in a 2nd round pick it heavily favours PHX (who were dealing from the weaker position).

When you break the trade down Ottawa gave up:

Tarasenko + 2nd for Kyle Turris.

NO THANKS.

I should add, I hate seeing NHL busts so I am rooting for Turris here to come around.
    Last edited by Dean Youngblood; December 17, 2011 at 2:40 PM.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Rundblad has high potential but not quite like a Karlsson. He is also worse defensively than most Swedish defencemen. I'll be cheering him on in PHX. Turris has high potential but has not shown it yet. Pretty even trade on the whole it seems. 2nd round pick bonus to Yotes.

trade like this, you won't know who wins for a while
    I would agree on the surface that it seems like an almost fair deal Ev, but considering how much that Turris value has taken a hit over the last 6 months. I think they over payed. I can't see anyone else giving close to a potential PP QB and a 2nd rd pick for him. I think they over payed.

Your absolutely right to suggest that they might end up getting a gem in Turris. I personally don't think so, but that is irrelevant. I still think they over payed. The pick should have been going there way if anything.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Again guys, is Rundblad going to be a super stud d-man that Ottawa is going to regret trading for years to come? I think I would rather have Turris, he will turn things around.
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Banned

ok, if I have to read "Tarasenko forRunblad/Turris" or whatever, one more time, I'll lose it. They didn't trade Tarasenko. They were never going to pick Tarasenko. Enough already. Literally the dumbest comparison.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    This comparison is a little unfair now that Filatov is in Russia but Filatov was traded to Ottawa for a 3rd round. Filatov was the 6th overall pick in 2008.

Turris was dealt to Ottawa for Rundblad (Ottawa gave up Tarasenko to get him showing what he's worth) AND a 2nd.

If you remove Rundblad from the deal and compare the Turris and Filatov deals:

Filatov for 3rd
    Turris for 2nd

What player would you prefer Filatov or Turris? For me, it's damn close. I prefer Filatov's skill set. Many thought Phoenix took Turris way too high in 2007 considering he came from a high school league.

From a prospect perspective, I'd want Filatov's skillset (not saying much right now) over Kyle Turris who has look like an average player in his three NHL seasons.

IMO, Rundblad is the BP in this deal and when you add in a 2nd round pick it heavily favours PHX (who were dealing from the weaker position).

When you break the trade down Ottawa gave up:

Tarasenko + 2nd for Kyle Turris.

NO THANKS.

I should add, I hate seeing NHL busts so I am rooting for Turris here to come around.
    Nice synopsis, DY. All i have to say is...

OUCH!
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    I'd have to think Cowans play made this possible for the Sens, though it still seems like an over payment. Turris had better live up to his 3rd overall draft pick.
    This was my first thought. Cowen+Karlsson is already a young duo going forward. Still seems like a high price for a guy that should've been had for less (simply because he wasn't happy).
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    That is the part that stands out to me the most. I would love to see what other teams were possibly offering that made the Sens feel the need to (in my eyes) come over the top with this one.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Banned

Honestly though, I feel terrible for Rundblad. How is he going to succeed in Phoenix under Dave Tippett? He is not great defensively. I fear that they use him as PP QB only, but then they have Yandle and OEL for that already.

Tippett better let him learn through mistakes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    Are you serious, EV? Don't play with my emotions. I'm feeling pretty fragile here.
    That's what SensChirp is saying. And he usually doesn't make shit up.

Dobber Sports Guru

Where the hell is tequilamonster?

Seriously. I could use some honest and unbiased feedback on this deal.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Honestly though, I feel terrible for Rundblad. How is he going to succeed in Phoenix under Dave Tippett? He is not great defensively. I fear that they use him as PP QB only, but then they have Yandle and OEL for that already.

Tippett better let him learn through mistakes.
    This exactly, we all saw what just happened to Turris when he wasn't great defensively. Runblad has been pretty bad in that department.

Dobber Sports Ace

Maybe Tippett will help the kid though. Maybe with consistent hard work and practice Tippett can fine tune his defensive zone coverage. I highly doubt Rundblad will ever be a stud in his own zone, but Im sure he will improve there.

I still dont see what Ott was thinking though. That is way to much to give up for a good young guy, but with the pick in there it looks really bad. I think a Rundblad for Turris would be a fairly even deal. Both guys that have a lot of potential but both guys are horrible in their own zones. With today's NHL though and the value of draft picks I dont see how Ott did anything to help themselves with this
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP