Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Jakob Silfverberg and Johan Larsson

Banned

Default Jakob Silfverberg and Johan Larsson

Watch out for these two stud Brynas forwards. I don't know about Larsson, but I know SIlf should be in the NHL next season. Not sure about Larsson's contract situation and whatnot.

These two are leading their club in scoring, and are tied for 4th in overall SEL scoring. Silf at 21 years of age and Larsson at 19. Pretty impressive.

Silfverberg was injured a couple of weeks ago but before then, and right after, he has really dominated. Apparently Aki Berg (might be confusing him with somebody else), called him the best player in Sweden a couple of weeks back.

Here are their stat lines:

Jakob Slifverberg RW (Ottawa) - 24 gp, 11 g, 11 a, 22 pts.

Johan Larsson C (Minnesota) - 27 gp, 7 g, 15 a, 22 pts

Larsson's value will go up at the World Junior, so I really think you should grab him now. He is going to be playing on the 1st line at that tournament unless something drastic happens to change that. He was impressive at the summer tourney in Lake Placid and is one of the best prospects in the game IMO.

Edit: sorry, there was another Larsson thread already, but this one also includes Silf so it's different
    Last edited by Big Ev; December 2, 2011 at 12:53 PM.

Dobber Sports Stud

Good update Ev, thanks. I took Silf in the prospect draft prior to the season on the basis of what is said about him on this site. Hopefully he eventually fits into the Underrated By This Site Thread over in General Hockey Chat...
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I think the best comparison for Larsson is Marcus Kruger. VERY pass-first (almost maddeningly so) and a good two-way guy. I think his NHL future is fairly muddy at this point. I wouldn't give THAT great odds of him becoming a top sixer in the NHL, but he could be a good add for deeper leagues that use third liners. With that said, he still has plenty of time to develop and he needs to focus on his skating.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Love to hear more on these two, if anyone can talk about their potential upsides, where they might slot in the respective teams prospect rankings.
    12 Team Roto $ League
    **G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, **

C- Stamkos, Backstrom
    RW - Gaborik, Vrbata
    LW - Parise, Sharp
    D - Karlsson, Oliver-Ekman Larsson, Edler, Gudas
    Util - Landeskog

B- Ott, Burrows, Timmonen

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Antrocop View Post
    Love to hear more on these two, if anyone can talk about their potential upsides, where they might slot in the respective teams prospect rankings.
    not so sure where Larsson ranks for Minnesota, but I would imagine Silfverberg is #1 or #2 in terms of Sens forward prospect rankings (before or after Zibanejad).

He now has 30 points in 32 games and is being lauded as the best player in the Elite League by media and hockey people alike.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle14204406.ab

Last game. Jarnkrok with the hat trick and Silfverberg assisted on all three goals.

If you're wondering why Silfverberg is wearing a jersey with the number 100 it's because the team is celebrating its 100 year anniversary. Normally Andreas Dackell, the team captain, wears the #100 jersey this season, but he's injured now, so alternate captain Silfverberg temporarily wears it now.
    GO WINGS!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle14204406.ab

Last game. Jarnkrok with the hat trick and Silfverberg assisted on all three goals.

If you're wondering why Silfverberg is wearing a jersey with the number 100 it's because the team is celebrating its 100 year anniversary. Normally Andreas Dackell, the team captain, wears the #100 jersey this season, but he's injured now, so alternate captain Silfverberg temporarily wears it now.
    Yeah I saw that a few weeks back, it's awesome lol.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He secretly thinks he's one better than Gretzky.

Banned

Silfverberg is now at 45 points in 43 games, and is currently on a 10 game point streak. Scored today to make it 8 goals in the past 10 games. Like a sir.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the update EV. I drafted Jarnkrok this past year so I've been following Brynas pretty closely this year (stat-wise anyways). Back to Silfverberg... Do you think he's got higher upside than Mark Stone? Who's higher up the depth chart in Ottawa? Pretty hard to ignore Stones WJC performance and now his dominance in the Dub. Both are available next year in my league/draft. Who would you go with?
    10 Team Pts Only Keeper

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I like Mark Stone, but he can't hold Silfverberg's jock strap. Silfverberg is arguably the best forward in the SEL, a league dominated by veterans.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Well if he cant hold Silfverbergs jock strap.... Then what good is he? Thanks for the input Sentium, appreciate the reply. I also have a feeling that Silfverberg will be inducted into the right/name wrong name hall of fame very soon..
    10 Team Pts Only Keeper

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Haha, I hadn't even thought about that. Damn it!

I have both Stone and Silfverberg (and Petersson, another Ottawa winger prospect) on my keeper team and right now I view Stone as being on the bubble of being cut when I get some guys back from IR, while Silfverberg is one of my untouchables. Just one man's opinion, but that's how I value them right now.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Take off the Swedish bias and take a look at Silfverberg and Stone you have two guys who are putting up similar NHLE numbers in their respective leagues.

Silfverberg is also a year and a half older so you need to compare how these guys are doing in their leagues and in their development/age.

Then dock points off of Stone for the World Jr "small sample size" bias.

In the end it's pretty much a wash and personal preference between these guys. A lot of "I saw him good" enters here as well.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

How would you rank:

Silverberg, Zibinijaad, Stown, Petersin, Larsen

Sentium, I'd appreciate your input, especially.