Thread: Pick up Hiller?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Pick up Hiller?

He was just dropped in my league, would need to drop one of Theodore or Halak to make it happen. Yay or nay?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I assume you start 2 goalies in a weekly starts league. Here is what I think I would do. Drop EJ for Hiller and wait it out to see which of those goalies stands up and shines. Halak and Hiller are both better goalies than Theodore I think but the results to this point aren't indicating that.

Dobber Sports Ace

No, we just start one goalie, so most weeks I'm playing Lundqvist anyway. Mostly I just want a solid back up I can feel reasonably confident playing if necessary, and so far Halak (my drafted back up) is crashing and burning pretty hard. Really I don't need 3 goalies, and four would be insanity. LOL

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    No, we just start one goalie, so most weeks I'm playing Lundqvist anyway. Mostly I just want a solid back up I can feel reasonably confident playing if necessary, and so far Halak (my drafted back up) is crashing and burning pretty hard. Really I don't need 3 goalies, and four would be insanity. LOL
    If you have time to just sit and wait out the situation, I would probably drop Theodore and grab Hiller, as I think it's only a matter of time with this Ducks team. They are just way too good a team, and Hiller is just too talented to suck for this long. He, and Ducks players, could be a really great second half option, as I would expect this team to turn things around [I've been saying this for some time, so I could be wrong lol].

If you don't feel comfortable dropping Theodore, as he's got some pretty legit value right now, you could always attempt some type of 2-for-1 offer to someone that is struggling in net. Then again, Hiller may not be available by that point, so you run the risk of making that move for naught.

I guess I would probably gamble and drop theodore; imo there's no way Florida can keep up this pace because they're not really a deep team. Once the great goaltending dries up, which I think it will, Florida will start losing more consistently. Just my prediction, but I don't really see this team accomplishing much this season. Damn, that "VFW" line is something special, though...

Cheers.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Ace

Basically, how would you rank these three goalies for the rest of the season?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I would probably drop Theodore and grab Hiller
    So you would hold on to Halak? Who do you think will be the better second half option between Halak and Hiller?

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    So you would hold on to Halak? Who do you think will be the better second half option between Halak and Hiller?
    Man... that's a tough question. I would say that Halak might be a better bet to have quality starts when he plays, but I think that Hiller will have more value due to his lock-down on ANA starting gig. Halak, on the other hand, is likely going to have Elliott to contend with for the remainder of the season, so he won't be starting as much as Hiller. I do think that when Halak does start, he will have better performances, but I think Hiller will probably have more good performances over the second half.

It's really a toss-up, but I would probably take Hiller because he's going to be given ample chances to right the ship.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks for weighing in. In my league starts are *really* important because you only dress one goalie for the week. The Ducks are too good not to turn things around eventually IMO, defensive shortcomings or no. Thinking I may need to go Hiller here..