Thread: Minnesota Wild - keep this up? (Backstrom)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Minnesota Wild - keep this up? (Backstrom)

..As in, can they keep it up?

Backstrom has put up some pretty decent goaltending numbers in season's past. If the team can continue to exceed expectations, even if they drop off a little bit, is there any reason to think he wont put up a really good stat line at the end of the year?
    W, GA, SV%, SO

I know Harding's numbers have been great too but I expect its Backstrom's crease the majority of the way?!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Their utilizing "the trap" and Backy's best career stats came when Jauque Lemeres used that. so while the Wild's goal scoring is in Question I believe that his overall stats this season will be Top 10-15 of all tenders
    ESPN, One year H2H, 14 teams, daily line ups.
    -G,A,+-,PIM,PPP,BS,FOW,ATOI,SOG,HIT
    W,SO,SV%,GAA
    -9 starting forwards, 5 starting D-men, 1 utility, 2 starting G's, 5-bench spots, and 2 IR

F-- E.Staal, D.Backes, J.Toews, M.Backlund, D.Stafford, P.Hornquist, A.Steen, V.Tarasanko, L.Bouma, D. Stepan, M.Zibenjda, J. Larson

D-- Z.Chara, A.Edler, A.Gologaski, S.Vatenen, D.Girardi

G--C.Crawford, C.Talbot, E.Lack

Dobber Sports Prodigy

bump.

any other thoughts?

Dobber Sports Initiate

I second what has already been said. I don't think they will stay at the top but they will stay better than the previous years and I think Backstrom has returned to old form because he is more comfortable in this type of system. They don't have the best defenseman in the league but a lot of the young guys played for coach Yeo in the AHL last year and know his system well. Lundin looked great his first game of the season with the Wild too, so that should help. I would expect great numbers in everything, but temper the expectations for wins from what they are doing right now.