Thread: 11/23/11 - Studs & Duds

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default 11/23/11 - Studs & Duds

Wow! 13 games on the docket tonight - usually there's only 2 or 3 on Wednesdays. Going to keep this fairly short but will try to throw in a couple quick hits as there were a bunch of games tonight.

Studs

3) Lightin' a Fire - Clearly Capuano's decision to bench Okposo for the past several games has lit a fire under his ass. He responded with 2 goals, 1 assist, 1 powerplay point, and even went 2 for 2 on the draw.

2) Lights Out - Schneider staved off the struggling Avs, stopping all 24 shots he faced. Likewise, Niemi shut the door on the Hawks stopping all 34 shots against him.

1) He's Back (...no, I don't mean Crosby)! - Datsyuk is lighting up the league once again. He posted 1 goal, 2 assists, 2 powerplay points, 5 shots, 15 face-off wins, and a +1 rating. He now has 8 points over his last 4 games and is starting to right the ship with 18 points in 20 games.

Honourable Mentions

Jiri Hudler - Just dropped this guy and guess how he responds? 2 assists, 1 powerplay point, 2 penalty minutes, and a +1 rating. To all those who've held out on him, you're welcome.

No Slowin' Down - Versteeg just doesn't stop. Another goal tonight gives him 12 on the year to go along with 14 assists in just 21 games.

Mike Richards - Is on a bit of a tear: He's currently on a 5 game point streak in which he's recorded 6 goals (2 shorthanded) and 1 assist. He also has 8 goals in his last 8 games.

What a Line! - Malkin posted a particularly nice stat line this evening with 2 assists, 1 powerplay point, 2 penalty minutes, 4 shots, 2 hits, and 7 face-off wins.

Hitchin' a Ride - Hitchcock's Blues held off the red hot Pens, extending their win streak to 3.

Duds

3) Jagr - Poor old guy. After returning from a groin injury, he once again injured it. Could be out for a while. To top it off, he went -2.

2) Meltdown - The LAK had a fantastic start to the game, going up 2-0 heading into the 3rd. However, they were outshot 13 to 6 in the last frame and gave up the game tying goal with a mere 20 seconds to go. 3 minutes later, in OT, Ott ended the game and sent the Kings packing.

1) Bottoming Out - The Islanders, Ducks, Flames, Blue Jackets, Avs, Canes, and Jets all dropped yet another game this evening. They currently sit bottom 6 and are the frontrunners in the Yakupov sweepstakes (or given the COL-WSH trade, maybe I should add them? Clearly there's a lot at stake for this struggling team).

Dishonourable Mentions

Two's? - This is and isn't a dudworthy performance but there were too many honourable mentions as in, and fact is, even though Coburn posted 2 assists, 2 penalty minutes, 2 hits, 2 blocks, 2 shots, he also posted a -2 rating, meaning he was on the ice for every Philly goal against. In fact, if he hadn't assisted on Philly's two late goals he would have been a -4.

Dobber Sports Expert

I want to dishonourable mention Andre Deveaux for his dirty hit on Flash. What a dirty dirty hit. Hope he gets Shannabanned for 10+!
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Giant

Extended Jagr injury = Matt Read Calder ?
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Extended Jagr injury = Matt Read Calder ?
    The Nuge says hello. Going to be nearly impossible for Read to beat RNH for Calder.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    The Nuge says hello. Going to be nearly impossible for Read to beat RNH for Calder.
    I agree he would have to outscore him by 10-15 points to overcome the age difference perspective and that is not going to happen. I would be shocked if he outscored him at all or even finished within 15pts of him for that matter
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hear that? That was the sound of the buy-low window closing on Datsyuk.

Frustrated. Same owner in my league had Eric Staal, Pavel Datsyuk, and Bobby Ryan. I have made SIGNIFICANT offers to him for all three multiple times but he's been stubborn and turned me down every step of the way.

I hate it when other managers know what they're doing
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Hear that? That was the sound of the buy-low window closing on Datsyuk.

Frustrated. Same owner in my league had Eric Staal, Pavel Datsyuk, and Bobby Ryan. I have made SIGNIFICANT offers to him for all three multiple times but he's been stubborn and turned me down every step of the way.

I hate it when other managers know what they're doing
    I hear you!

I have tried to get all three of them + Zett's and Kovy and can't even get a response. In my sig league when those players are not preforming is the time they actually go off the block. I
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.