Thread: 51 year old goalie signed by the Wild

Banned

Default 51 year old goalie signed by the Wild

Justin, didn't you say once that you regularly reported as an 'eligible' netminder at the Avs game just on the off chance they had injuries to all their goalies and needed you to sub in?

http://wildlighthouse.wordpress.com/...ency-goalie-2/

Dobber Sports All-Star

Great stuff!

The King of Diatribes

Yah it has almost happened to me twice:

1. Against the wild 2 years ago Backstrom was hurt and Harding got the surprise start just like tonight but they were in Denver and they recalled Wade Dubielewicz and his flight was close to being late so I was in the press box really early with all my pads and I told the Avs media guy to tell the wild they could sign me since I had no pro experience but Dubielewicz got to the arena in time!!!

2. Was at the Preds pre-game skate and Lindback got cranked with a shot right in the throat and he was wheeled out on a stretcher and so I was walking with one of the preds reporters JOshua Cooper and talking with Mitch Korn and Korn knew I was like seriously making myself available to sign a contract since they didn't have time to recall Dekanich since he was hurt too and Jeremy Smith was already playing in Milwaukee but Lindback was fine enough to dress and backup!!!!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Justin, the day you get into a game is the day I'm adding you to my roster (for a day, at least).

Cool that you even have that option...