Thread: Halak or Hiller? (rest of the year)

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Halak or Hiller? (rest of the year)

One year pool. W, L, GA, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

I have Halak and I'm wondering with these stats, if this is an offer I should be making and if you were a Hiller owner, would you take this?

Dobber Sports Wizard

I don't think I would bother. With Hitchcock at the helm I would rather take my chances on Halak if I were you. That said, I'm a Hiller owner, but wouldn't make that trade straight up.
    Too close and too much potential too look like an ass.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think Halak will have a better W/L ratio, will have fewer goals scored and as such a lower GAA, but Hiller will have more SV and I would throw SV% up as a wash for now with a slight edge to Hiller. SO, while a crapshoot, I'd still have to give to Halak seeing as his team system is better than the one in front of Hiller.

I dunno I personally also threw out an offer including my Halak for his Hiller as a package for a buy-low attempt but even now I'm wondering. I'm kind of in the same boat as 93213 that if I were a Hiller owner I'd be more inclined to stick it out with him, but being a Halak owner I don't think I'd be willing to take on Hiller right now either.

Kind of one of those risk-tolerance cases. Each side would be more content with the side they've already got I think.

Hope some of this post made a bit of sense lol.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Ninja

I would still keep Hiller over Halak.

I feel like the second you trade Hiller, the Ducks will finally wake up from their hibernation and explode (which is what they usually do each year).

Besides Elliott is still playing too well in STL to make me feel comfortable.