Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Zetterberg on the Waiver Wire

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Zetterberg on the Waiver Wire

Should I pick him up? If so, who should I drop?

F- Perry, Kessel, Vanek, Gaborik, Datsyuk, Semin, Spezza, Backstrom, Backes
    D- Green, Doughty, Karlsson, Subban, Jack Johnson
    G- Bryz and Hiller

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

depending on your league stats, i would probably drop backes.

Well hits and pims are stats in my league and backes contributes a lot of those!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

You'll definitely want to pick him up. What's the format of your pool? If you want to drop a forward, for me I'd flip a coin between dropping Semin or Backes if it's points only and drop Semin if it's roto.

The Wolverine

What type of league? What are the categories? How many do you start per position?

By the way, I suggest you add a signature with your roster and league settings. That way, we won't have to ask extra questions when giving advice. Top left - User CP - and then on left - Edit Signature.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd drop Backes for him myself for sure.
    F: McDavid, Kucherov, Eichel, Gaudreau, M Tkachuk, E Lindholm, Rob Thomas, Hischier
    D: S Jones, Werenski, DeAngelo, Hamilton
    G: Husso, Raanta

*** ONE YEAR - POINTS ONLY *** skaters: 1pt/G, 1pt/A. goalies: 2pt/win, 2pt/SO *** 12 teams
    MUST HAVE -- 8F, 4D, 2G --- (******Can only swap at same position, F, D, G ********)
    10 ACQUISITIONS TOTAL ON THE YEAR (**I've used NINE of them - ONE LEFT**) *** NO BENCH - NO IR - NO TRADES BETWEEN MEMBERS ***

12 teams, start 6 forwards, 4 d, one utility and two goalies every night. Stats are goals (3), assists (2), hits, pims, +/-, ppg, gwg, shg, etc.

I can't drop Backes simply because he has 106 points right now and is leading my team. His hits and pims are invaluable. I'm considering Zetts for Semin (underperforming as usual)

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by DanMartin View Post
    You'll definitely want to pick him up. What's the format of your pool? If you want to drop a forward, for me I'd flip a coin between dropping Semin or Backes if it's points only and drop Semin if it's roto.
    This is sound advice for your conundrum, good sir. I would definitely recommend dropping Semin for Zetterberg, as I find it unlikely that Hank will have "motivation" issues or be in Babcock's dog-house at any point this season - issues that Semin often struggles with. I like Hank's track-record more than the elite young, inconsistent talent of Semin.

You have to keep Backes on your squad in a league like this, the across the board contributions of a roto-beast like Backes are invaluable to winning.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by WbRobinson View Post
    12 teams, start 6 forwards, 4 d, one utility and two goalies every night. Stats are goals (3), assists (2), hits, pims, +/-, ppg, gwg, shg, etc.

I can't drop Backes simply because he has 106 points right now and is leading my team. His hits and pims are invaluable. I'm considering Zetts for Semin (underperforming as usual)
    So this is a category points league? What are the point values for the other categories? This is important to gauge who is more valuable in your league settings. The more info, the better.

3 points for goals, 2 points for assists, one point for hits, .3 for each pim, ppg=1, gwg= 5

The Wolverine

3 points for goals, 2 points for assists, one point for hits, .3 for each pim, ppg=1, gwg= 5
    One point for hits - I would drop Semin.

Dobber Sports Giant

In the land of goal-heavy leagues with weighted Hits/PIMs, the Backes owner is king...

But yeah, he's pretty much a total stud with those category values. A couple Hits and a minor penalty is basically a goal scored. Add to that he is a 30+ goal talent, and should post solid overall point totals (60-65), he is one of the best all-around players available to you.

Now get the hell rid of Semin and pick up Zetterberg already...

Cheers!
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

I dropped Semin for Zetterberg. Lets hope it pays off!

Dobber Sports Guru

1 pt for a hit!! Are Clutterbuck and Brown taken?? In this setup a guy like Matt Martin who could get 300 hits and 180 PIM which is 360 pts is better than a 30g 40a 50 hit 60 PIM guy (300 pts).

Yes both are. The clutterbuck owner also has Chara among others and is just racking up hits left and right. His team is ridiculous. His best player is Kopitar.