Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stamkos Dive

Dobber Sports Guru

F---ing pathetic .... did he get a penalty on the play??

Also in my opinion the main reason diving is becoming prevalent in the NHL is that they RARELY if ever give a penalty to just the diver, refs insist on giving a hooking/tripping/high-sticking call AND a diving penalty. There is no deterrent, worst case scenario is a 4 on 4 and best case is a PP. If they want to get rid of it ONLY give a penalty to the player diving (even in soccer they dont card both players ). How many coaches will put up with diving if they start giving up PP goals and losing games because of it??

As an aside from Elliotte Friedman's 30 thoughts last week At least some coaches wont let it happen

26. Scottie Upshall on Panthers head coach Kevin Dineen: "He's like having an extra captain out there." You can see the difference in this team. Mentioned in one of last year's blogs that Dineen despises divers. He's told his players he will not tolerate it.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...-thoughts.html

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    F---ing pathetic .... did he get a penalty on the play??

Also in my opinion the main reason diving is becoming prevalent in the NHL is that they RARELY if ever give a penalty to just the diver, refs insist on giving a hooking/tripping/high-sticking call AND a diving penalty. There is no deterrent, worst case scenario is a 4 on 4 and best case is a PP. If they want to get rid of it ONLY give a penalty to the player diving (even in soccer they dont card both players ). How many coaches will put up with diving if they start giving up PP goals and losing games because of it??

As an aside from Elliotte Friedman's 30 thoughts last week At least some coaches wont let it happen

26. Scottie Upshall on Panthers head coach Kevin Dineen: "He's like having an extra captain out there." You can see the difference in this team. Mentioned in one of last year's blogs that Dineen despises divers. He's told his players he will not tolerate it.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...-thoughts.html
    Great point, again I agree 100%. Either it's a fu***** dive or a Fu***** trip no both easy way out BS...
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Master

I've always been a fan of a nice 3 strikes rule for diving... you get 3 flagrant dives in a year and you get a 5 game suspension for 'bringing disrepute to the game' (or something like that)

Say 3 embellishments (obvious) gets you 2 games... or that general idea.

All the games are video taped so it is possible to do and it would take some pressure of the Refs...

Anyway, flinching when a stick comes within 2 inches of your eye obviously doesn't count.

meh... just ramblings of an addled mind.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Kudelskis Krushers View Post
    Having played soccer at a very high level, I could not agree more. With the technology we have available today, it is so easy to tell when guys are diving. Amazingly, though, people aren't embarrassed when they're caught diving; that's how much it has become part of the (otherwise) beautiful game. They need to throw the book at guys that do this to get rid of it in soccer, and to prevent it from getting to that level in hockey.

Agree wholeheartedly, it makes my blood boil when i see some of these superstar world-class soccer players act like morons writhing around. If FIFA really wanted to do something about it, it would happen, and there is no one I know who would disagree. Make it automatic 1-game suspension based on video review after the game in question, with loss of salary, if it is determined by league disciplinary authorities (the Euro equivalent of Shanny) that it was a dive. Those shenanigans would come to an end almost immediately if guys are threatened like that, especially given the number of games in a season and how much they make per game.

The worst, WORST part of the diving is when you see a guy on a break into the penalty area and he gets barely touched and, instead of perservering and TRYING TO SCORE, the guy falls. He is at best giving himself a 10% chance at a penalty kick, when perservering with the initial play and staying on his feet he probably had a 50% chance at scoring. It makes no sense, especially when you consider that, in the NHL, a great number of goals are scored when guys fight through obstruction and perservere.

But ultimately, it is a question of honor, these guys are plain and simple CHEATERS and I facking hate cheaters. That plus they have no testicles. Bunch of facking prima donnas.

Rant over.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Grand Master

That's just awful.

Hooray for coaches like Dineen who don't tolerate that shit.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    That's just awful.

Hooray for coaches like Dineen who don't tolerate that shit.

Exactly, I wish more coaches were like him.

Very happy (and not at all surprised) to see Dineen having success in Florida. Consummate professional and obviously bringing the same level of effort and desire to coaching as he did to playing, always loved him even when he was killing teh Habs all those years in the 80s, so many big goals with Francis.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper