Thread: Trading for Ryan Miller

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Trading for Ryan Miller

I've just picked up Enroth and am trying to get more long-term security in net for the playoffs in my H2H 1year league. I am trying to structure a 2 for 1 trade to get Ryan Miller whilst his value is very low with an indefinite concussion, and was thinking of offering one of the following deals

Carter + Nabokov for Miller
    Carter + Harding for Miller
    Roy + Nabokov for Miller

Do you think such a trade is warranted given his current situation? If Miller comes anytime within the next 2 months I am happy as I will most probably get most of the Buffalo starts until then anyway. When he comes back I would have a great handcuff. Am I giving up too much for a possibly season-ending injury (who knows with concussions, especially repeat ones)

Thoughts?
    Yahoo H2H 16 Teams

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, SOG
    Goalies: W, GAA, S%, SO
    Positions: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN

Team Nostradanglus
    C - Evgeni Malkin/Anze Kopitar/Jeff Carter/Ryan Kesler/Mikhail Grabovski
    LW - Henrik Zetterberg/Shane Doan/Andy McDonald/Brayden Schenn
    RW - Martin St Louis/Kyle Okposo/Damien Brunner/Vladimir Tarasenko
    D - Alexander Edler/PK Subban/Mike Green/Kevin Bieksa/Shane O'Brien/Marc Staal/Dougie Hamilton
    G - Ryan Miller/Antti Niemi/Jose Theodore

Dobber Sports Sage

I like the idea. I just don't see you deep enough at either of those position to warrant making the deal. Maybe try Parise for him...
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.