Thread: is this a fair trade or am i losing hard?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default is this a fair trade or am i losing hard?

zetterberg stastny doan malone for kessel boyle duby gagne 2nd rd pick

i would be giving the kessel side. am i conceding way too much? zetter n stastny are such young studs, kessel i hope to slow down, boyle is 36, gagne is injury prone.
    Dynasty 12-Keeper League 27-player roster.. Most points at end of season. Must drop 5 at end and then draft 5.

Rosters: 17 Fwd, 7 D, 3 G
    Player: G A +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG PPA SHA
    Goalie: W OTL SOL SO

FWD: Datsyuk, Parise, Kessel, Kesler, Stepan, Saad, Lehtera, Spezza, Dubinsky, Franzen, Dupuis, Parenteau, Moulson, Chiasson, Soderberg, Eriksson, Hoffman, Kuznetsov

D: Karlsson, Giordano, Yandle, Edler, Josi, Schultz

G: Lehtonen, Anderson, Bobrovsky

anyone with advice??
    Dynasty 12-Keeper League 27-player roster.. Most points at end of season. Must drop 5 at end and then draft 5.

FWD: Datsyuk, Parise, Kessel, Kesler, Stepan, Saad, Lehtera, Spezza, Dubinsky, Franzen, Dupuis, Parenteau, Moulson, Chiasson, Soderberg, Eriksson, Hoffman, Kuznetsov

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ryanreynolds99 View Post
    zetterberg stastny doan malone for kessel boyle duby gagne 2nd rd pick

i would be giving the kessel side. am i conceding way too much? zetter n stastny are such young studs, kessel i hope to slow down, boyle is 36, gagne is injury prone.
    I think the answer is probably yes, you are giving up too much to acquire these players - and just to clarify, I wouldn't call Zetterberg a "young stud"... the dude is on the wrong side of 30 to be considered "young" in the NHL. Although he is basically a PPG player, with pretty gnarly SOG totals to boot, I don't think his value will remain so over the next few years. Stastny on the other hand, fits that bill quite nicely and should be a consistent 70+ point player with definite upside for more with the growth of the Avalanche around him. Doan is a very solid player, who has been able to produce solid roto stat-lines without much of a supporting cast in PhX for years now, and will continue to do so. Malone is a pretty good power-forward, who should get decent peripherals and could return to his 50 point, 100 PIM glory of years past...

However, I just don't think you are getting enough back for Kessel, Boyle, Duby and the 2nd round pick (we'll leave Gagne out of this because the guy gets a pulled groin if the wind is blowing wrong). Kessel has insanely high value right now, even with a regression to his "normal" levels, we can still reasonably expect 40 goals, 75+ points, and fantastic SOG totals; that really could be the normal expectation for Kessel going forward. As for Boyle, I will give you the fact that he's getting a bit long in the tooth, but the fact is he is an elite fantasy defenseman and likely will maintain that status for at least another 2 years or so in SJ. I think you are definitely underestimating his production going forward. Although it would be nice to transition with Boyle's age, he definitely has some solid production still ahead of him.

You really are giving up a lot, and the main pieces you receive in return aren't exactly "young guns" to build around - outside Stastny of course. I think you should avoid a big, blockbuster deal to acquire Stastny, as his value is about as low as it can get right now. I would make a reasonable 1-for-1 offer if that's really what you're after. Try selling high on Kessel, and see if that's enough to make it happen.

Good luck dude.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Genius

I don't like this for you either. Doan is inconsistent on an inconsistent team. Zetterberg hasn't had a great season in a couple years now. Malone isn't that big of a fantasy guy in my mind, plus because of his style does get injured decently often. Kessel is playing well so if you're wanting to get value for him, I'd be trying to get a high price on him. Kessel is probably at this point the best player in the trade so the rule is that usually means that team wins. So you'd lose here in that regard too.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

thanks for that response man, really appreciate it!

What are your thoughts on kessel vokoun campbell gagne mcbain for richards roy backstrom kaberle?

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    I don't like this for you either. Doan is inconsistent on an inconsistent team. Zetterberg hasn't had a great season in a couple years now. Malone isn't that big of a fantasy guy in my mind, plus because of his style does get injured decently often. Kessel is playing well so if you're wanting to get value for him, I'd be trying to get a high price on him. Kessel is probably at this point the best player in the trade so the rule is that usually means that team wins. So you'd lose here in that regard too.
    I would probably value Stastny more than Kessel going forward, but it's damn close. Kessel is certainly the better player right now, and he has the more valuable positional eligibility (RW to Stastny's C). This year, Kessel probably the best player in the deal, though. Not so sure about that going forward.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Genius

Yeah it is close for me too. Statsny and Kessel have been guys I've expected more from and just never seen it, but Kessel seems to be doing it this year. Statsny is on a team that is in disarray even more than Toronto at this point and that factors in it for me. It's about a wash, but at this moment I'd say Kessel.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak