Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Philly vs. Tampa - Standstill!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

as i suggested in the other thread i think a history will be made spoof representing the lightning as duds would go a long way to eliminating this crap

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I just started laughing out loud watching both teams just stare at each other. Makes me laugh as I type this. LOL!

St. Louis's reaction after the first time it happened was priceless... "well.. what do you want me to do now coach?"

Sad really....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Not my idea, but the other way for the Flyers to combat that would be to have Pronger skate at St.Louis and then right before he gets there the other defensman passes St.Louis the puck and BLAM!
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Novice

i take Tampa's side on this. Ya, its bad for the game, bad for the NHL financially, but the bottom line is, you do what you have to to win the game. And Tampa won.

As it was said, Philly is the top scoring team, should Tampa have just walked in there sans strategy? i don't think so. Boucher is a very smart coach, and Laviolette basically slapped him in the face.

Look at the 95 Devils, they played the trap night in and out, and won the cup because of it. Brodeur is deemed the best goalie in the NHL but he also played in a very favourable system. The Trap.

You have the puck in your zone, your looking at 3 guys standing at the red line with one barely forechecking, and you pout like a child and say "im not playing with you if you do that!"

give me a break, go out there and prove your better than them, then you can shove it down their throats after you do.

Buck Up!
    Last edited by PrimeTime4; November 15, 2011 at 5:59 PM.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTime4 View Post
    i take Tampa's side on this. Ya, its bad for the game, bad for the NHL financially, but the bottom line is, you do what you have to to win the game. And Tampa won.

As it was said, Philly is the top scoring team, should Tampa have just walked in there sans strategy? i don't think so. Boucher is a very smart coach, and Laviolette basically slapped him in the face.

Look at the 95 Devils, they played the trap night in and out, and won the cup because of it. Brodeur is deemed the best goalie in the NHL but he also played in a very favourable system. The Trap.

You have the puck in your zone, your looking at 3 guys standing at the red line with one barely forechecking, and you pout like a child and say "im not playing with you if you do that!"

give me a break, go out there and prove your better than them, then you can shove it down their throats after you do.

Buck Up!
    While I agree with your premise that "you do what you need to win games", the NHL has taken extreme measures to "open up" the game and help influence more scoring (removal of 2-line pass, crackdown on obstruction, shootout, etc.) - the last thing they want is 95 Devils trap hockey. It's not good for the game, it's not good for business, and most importantly, it's not good for the fans who are shelling out $100 a ticket and $12 for a cup of beer. Like Gandhi said, when you have a talented team with the likes of Stamkos, St. Louis, Lecavalier, Hedman, etc., there's no need to play a 1-3-1 trap and turn the game to mud. You say that Tampa has the "right" to do that, well per the NHL rule book, the Flyers have the "right" to stand at their circle and just "move the puck around"...all the while the fans are flushing their money down the toilet and the game looks like a joke on National TV. As a fan, do you really want to see 95 Devils trapping hockey? I'd rather be forced to watch Glee before being shot in the face.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka