Thread: #1 Waiver on Stepan?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default #1 Waiver on Stepan?

For the league in my sig, do I use my #1 waiver on stepan or do I wait for a bigger fish?
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Genius

if he has RW status he is your 3rd best RW

Dobber Sports Sage

I agree he is better then all 3 of these players Purcell, Parenteau, PM Bouchard/ To obtain your 3rd best player at any position is easily worth giving up your waiver priority.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ninja

This early in the season, I would wait for a better drop before using a #1 waiver. I'm assuming your in a public yahoo league which means there will be a few boneheaded impatient owners who will make irrational drops that you will need that waiver position for.

Stepan is good don't get me wrong, but in public leagues there's always the idiot who will drop a Duchene or Briere calibre players when they go cold.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    This early in the season, I would wait for a better drop before using a #1 waiver. I'm assuming your in a public yahoo league which means there will be a few boneheaded impatient owners who will make irrational drops that you will need that waiver position for.

Stepan is good don't get me wrong, but in public leagues there's always the idiot who will drop a Duchene or Briere calibre players when they go cold.
    I can't really argue with this line of thinking as I have never been in a pool that is not for money and not private. So he could be right. Do people really drop those caliber players in the public pools? I thought Stepan was a steal lol.

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I can't really argue with this line of thinking as I have never been in a pool that is not for money and not private. So he could be right. Do people really drop those caliber players in the public pools? I thought Stepan was a steal lol.
    There are 2 things you have to keep in mind:

1) He's playing in a 10-team league - that's a very shallow pool. To give you a relative sense... I'm also playing in a 10-team league... if you look at my forwards (granted I'm a little stacked compared to other teams), you can imagine that Stepan would for sure be on the wire in my league.

2) Yahoo Public pools are full of impatient GMs, noobs, and people who are playing for the first time and don't know what they're doing. Only Yahoo Winner's League pools are remotely competitive.

Dobber Sports Sage

Fair enough, but his pool is 200 skaters deep and a keeper anyone whom would drop such a player should have there heads checked lol. I guess that's why I stick to private pools. If someone dropped a Duchene or Briere in any of the 6 keeper pools I'm in they would be kicked out immediately, don't get me wrong I believe you, just think it is comical.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Expert

He is definitely a great pickup, I think you should. He has found great chemistry with Gaborik and last night is just the beginning of a beautiful relationship..

and yes, I picked him up on Tuesday for yesterdays game.. SCORE
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Ace

Yahoo doesn't give Stepan any wing eligibility. I'd be curious to know who some of the top FA players in the pool are before burning your waiver priority. Did you get him?

Dobber Sports Stud

Does Stepan have RW eligibility in some leagues? I can't see why he would...he's centering Anisimov and Gaborik.
    16-team H2H Dynasty
    G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,W,GAA,SV%,SHO

3C - Roy, Berglund, Horcoff, Gerbe, Adam,
    3LW - Sedin, Comeau, Dubinsky, Comeau, Foligno
    3RW - Hemsky, Grabner, Hudler, Boyes
    6D - Boyle, Shattenkirk, McBain, Gilbert, Demers, Russell, Coburn, Spurgeon
    IR - Crosby, Regin, McDonald
    1G - Ward, Dubnyk, Elliot

Farm:

C - Bjugstad, Perreault
    LW - Bowman, Bartschi
    RW - Machacek, Repik, Noesen, Ritchie, Catenacci