Thread: Tomorrow night's Starters.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Tomorrow night's Starters.

Have to pick between Halak @ LA or Markstrom @ Washington. Just as an aside how many starts do you see Markstrom getting this week?
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Expert

I hate bumping my own threads, but help help me please! Just wondering as I'd like to get at least one start with Markstrom this week, but not sure if I should. I have the advantage with more goalie starts than my formidable opponent this week however I have Malkin whom I have just adding dust bunnies to me bench. The thing is I have a bunch of back to backs on Friday/Saturday with Ward/Halak and I don't forsee either of them getting the nod for both.

My judgement is kind of skewed in this sense as I want Green and Carlson to light up the Panthers tonight after they exerted a lot of energy in last night's win although I don't want to give up a possible win in Halak. HELP!

As an aside I know neither have a definite start status as of now, so this is all tentative barring either of them even get the nod.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

Farm (Max 200 GP):

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies

Dobber Sports Ninja

Woop, didn't see this thread last night.

I'd start Halak. I'm still trying to decide personally between Lehtonen/Halak/Ward but if I only had Halak + one of the others Halak would be in my lineup tonight.

His career numbers against the Kings is undefeated. Roll with the odds and he wasn't as bad as the numbers said in the last game.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Expert

I know this is pure speculation at this point, but do you see Markstrom getting a nod for any of the other starts this week or will it be all Theodore?

Pro

Farm (Max 200 GP):

Stat Categories

Skaters
    Goalies

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Smokie View Post
    I know this is pure speculation at this point, but do you see Markstrom getting a nod for any of the other starts this week or will it be all Theodore?
    Unless Markstrom goes out there and completely steals the game (and even if he does), odds are Theodore goes right back out there.

They signed Theodore to be their #1. I believe Tallon said that during the off-season. He's been good for them so far, so I can't see why they would go with anyone else other than him. Reason Markstrom is even getting a start at this point is just probably to rest Theodore on the B2B.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I see Halak getting lit up by the Kings personally... but I'd still start him over Markstrom.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don't like the matchup, but if you have to choose between two, definitely start Halak.

I'd be surprised if Markstrom gets more starts.

Dobber Sports Expert

The only dilemma is this. If I start Markstrom and it's a low scoring game I will at least accumulate points for the ranges set in my GAA and SV% categories plus any saves.... it could amount to about 13-14 points extra on my week. The only downside is I'd have to start him tonight to ensure he gets at least 1 start. Argh a huge risk. One of the woes of fantasy hockey. Another note if I start Markstrom I can put in Hall vs Calgary but if I play Halak I have to put in Max PAcioretty. Also the woes of cap relief and salary leagues. :P

Pro

Farm (Max 200 GP):

Stat Categories

Skaters
    Goalies