Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Start Roloson v. Florida tonight?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Holy, started Roli tonight. Tampa blows.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Holy, started Roli tonight. Tampa blows.
    Now I honestly don't even know what to do the next time someone asks if they should/should not start Roloson.

The Bolts looked absolutely brutal that entire game. They're all playing like crap, there really is no way of sugar-coating it. Oddly enough one of the only top 6 guys that is consistently contributing points wise is Purcell and he's continuously being benched/scratched for lack of consistency/hustle.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Now I honestly don't even know what to do the next time someone asks if they should/should not start Roloson.

The Bolts looked absolutely brutal that entire game. They're all playing like crap, there really is no way of sugar-coating it. Oddly enough one of the only top 6 guys that is consistently contributing points wise is Purcell and he's continuously being benched/scratched for lack of consistency/hustle.
    I hate so many teams this year. I hate fantasy hockey this year haha.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Safe to say that Roloson will be backing up whoever their number 2 guy is. Glad I picked up Montoya - he was the last available decent goalie.
    12 Team Keeper League. Cannot keep anyone drafted in the first 3 rounds.
    Standard Yahoo Points League, that skews more in favour of elite pitching:

Team:
    C: D. Norris; 1B: T. Frazier; 2B: D. Pedroia; 3B: M. Machado; SS: B. Crawford; OF(3): M. Brantley; A. McCutchen; J. Pederson UTIL: G. Springer (OF);

SP(3): S. Strasburg; M. Bumgarner; J. Lester
    RP (2): D. Robertson; A. Miller
    P(2): J. Axford; D. Salazar
    BN (2 of any type of player) J. Odorizzi; D. Keuchel
    DL: J. Fernandez

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's nights like this that discourage me from giving goalie starting advice lol

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    It's nights like this that discourage me from giving goalie starting advice lol
    Ah what can you do.

I always say my input should be seen as opinion rather than "advice". "Advice" implies that I know something you don't already, which usually isn't the case. Lot of the time goalie starting questions are answered based on hunches/career stats anyhow. I told some other guy that I would start Pavelec against the Pens tonight and I look like a genius now but really my input was based on a hunch. Pavelec had garbage career numbers against the Pens, I just thought this was a good opportunity for them to win a game against a weak Penguins offense.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Terrible, terrible, terrible...I have both, Roli and Halak, and I feel my season is already over...
    10 Team ROTO League (ESPN), 6 Keepers + 2 Kid-Keepers (82 NHL-games and less played), 4 C, 4 RW, 4 LW, 6 D, 2 G, 5 UTIL, Game-Limits: Forwards 984, Defensemen 492, Goalies: 164
    CATS: G, A, PPP, PIM, +/-, HIT, SOG, BLK; W, SO, GAA, SV%
    C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    G:

Dobber Sports Newbie

He's got to lose his starting job soon, right? Then I can finally drop him.
    H2H: G,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, W, SV%, GAA, SO

C - Patrice Bergeron, Jason Spezza
    LW - Ryan Smyth, Scott Hartnell
    RW - Evgeni Malkin, Phil Kessel
    Util - Lecavalier, Tyler Seguin, Cal Clutterbuck
    D - Keith Yandle, Kimmo Timonen, 2 empty
    G - "Awful" Dwayne Roloson, "Awful" Pekka Rinne, "Awful" Jonas Hiller, Mathieu Garon

Bench: Craig Smith, Matt "Tom" Cullen, Steve Ott, James van Riemsdyk

Dobber Sports Wizard

Eh I'm not ready to give up on Roli just yet. He's been one of the more consistent goalies in the league throughout his career, he'll bounce back. Tampa is too good of a team to not bounce back as a whole and Roli will be a big part of that whenever it happens.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Guggti View Post
    Terrible, terrible, terrible...I have both, Roli and Halak, and I feel my season is already over...
    First year that I'm finally doing well in the offensive categories, and it's the first year my goaltending sucks. Such is life...
    Last edited by StressQ; October 18, 2011 at 9:54 AM.
    12 Team Keeper League. Cannot keep anyone drafted in the first 3 rounds.
    Standard Yahoo Points League, that skews more in favour of elite pitching:

Team:
    C: D. Norris; 1B: T. Frazier; 2B: D. Pedroia; 3B: M. Machado; SS: B. Crawford; OF(3): M. Brantley; A. McCutchen; J. Pederson UTIL: G. Springer (OF);

SP(3): S. Strasburg; M. Bumgarner; J. Lester
    RP (2): D. Robertson; A. Miller
    P(2): J. Axford; D. Salazar
    BN (2 of any type of player) J. Odorizzi; D. Keuchel
    DL: J. Fernandez

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Guggti View Post
    I have Roloson and Halak too. Both will be getting benched until they improve I think.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Is it really fair to blame Rolie on this game? They gave up 5 PP goals! Yes, the stats are absolutely brutal but his team let him down tonight. I didn't see the quality of goals that went in, but when your team gives up 5 PP goals that's a total team failure; not just the goaltender.

At this point you just have to hope that the team, as a whole, begins to play the style of hockey that got them a game away from the Stanley Cup Finals. Once that happens, Rolie should be fine.
    15-team keeper (keep 10) - G,A,+/-,PPP, Hits, Blocked Shots, W, SV%, Saves

Forwards - Kunin, Trenin, Eichel, Bjorkstrand, Boldy, Pastrnak, Boeser, Caufield, Laine, Crosby, Newhook, Konecny, Farabee, Rossi (NA)
    Defenseman - Brodin, Hamilton, Zadorov, Severson, Forsling, Braun, Roy
    Goalies - Sorokin, Hill, Varlamov, Daws

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I tend to agree that Roloson will come around eventually. Garon is likely the next waiver wire goalie to get plucked in my league (most goalies that play, good or bad, are owned), but I think I will hang on to Roloson a little longer.

However, I'm keeping Roloson firmly on the bench until he puts up a quality start, unless it looks like I won't make my minimum starts for the week. Helps me that Varlamov is doing well (until he gets hurt - then I'm screwed).

To b0ndon and blayze: Please keep giving advice. In an estimation situation like fantasy hockey, the more people that make an estimate, the more likely the consensus will be accurate over the long-term. Can't help outliers like last night.
    12 H2H w/ daily changes. G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,W,GAA,Sv%. Keep 6 players
    C (2): Karlsson, Kadri, Reinhart (RW), Eichel (IR), Byfield (IR)
    LW (2): Hall, Stuetzle, van Reimsdyk, Hughes (IR)
    RW (2): Ehlers (LW), Gaudreau (LW), Rust (IR)
    D (3): Barrie, Petry, Dahlin, Gostisbehere, Dunn, Dobson, Andersson
    Util (2)
    G (2): Shesterkin, Mike Smith, Merzlikins, Koskinen

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I started Roloson too, what can you do when one of your goalies has a start vs a bottom 10 team??

But I agree, I'm going to bench him for awhile. Luckily Jimmy Howard has been great for me, but I'm playing a guy with Bryzgalov and Price this week so I think I'm already screwed.