Thread: Varlamov vs Mason

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Varlamov vs Mason

I'm in a roto league (W, GAA, SV%, SO) and have both Varlamov and Mason, who are playing each other tonight.

Should I play Varlamov and sit Mason until Wisniewski gets back or should I roll them both to guarantee a win. Max goalie games is 82 per slot (which we have 2) and I have 4 goalies (including Lehtonen and Halak).

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Mason was pulled last game and I'm hoping for a rebound to give Columbus their first win but Varlamov has been stellar so far.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Tough decision

It's tough to say. They both have horrendous Goals Against, and will definitely be ranked in the bottom of their respective conference.

Two things to keep in mind this year.

#1 Colorado has big new Defencemen with Hedja(6''4), E.J(6''4) and still have O'Byrne(6''5), O'Brien(6''3). Their GAs will definitely be lower this year compare to last year's 288 GA).

#2 Columbus has upgraded their offense, but not necessarily improved their Defensive side (Wiz only, last years GA was 258).

In the end, there won't be a huge difference win wise, but I think if you want to make a smarter decision in terms of performance and lower GA for now....I would stick with Varlamov and the Colorado Avalanche. However, your dealing with the injury probability here as well.

Short term you win with Varlamov for sure.
    However, long term Columbus might turn things around. Who knows, will see if team chemistry kicks, but I doubt they can completely turn things around. Remember their in a conference with Detroit, Nashville, Chicago and this year's new St.Louis Blues.

Overall, I would go with Varlamov, although I am a bit bias due to the current 2011 performances of both Varly and Mason.

GL =D cheers
    julian

Dobber Sports Rookie

Varlamov, more skill!!!
    Columbus more scoring tho...hmmmm.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Well i played both and am pleasantly surprised by the low scoring game.