Thread: Cam Fowler has been made available

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Cam Fowler has been made available

Cam Fowler has just ben put on the block by a very wise GM in our pool whom is doubled in Ana D-men. I'm think of offering Edler, Quinton Howdin, and a 3rd for Fowler and a second. How does that sound to you guys? Fair?
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Legend

Definitely a respectable deal. I like Fowler a lot and Edler is a stud himself. Seems like a win-win...helps him a bit more in the short and possibly you in the long.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Sage

Thank Mr.FungChen. I sent it, it's in his hands now?

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Pretty fair offer, wouldn't be surprised if he accepted. I like Edler but Fowler is going to be a great offensive dman.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Sage

Wanted to ask you guys who do you think has the bigger pure offensive up-side Orlov or or Fowler? As I could replace Howdin in the deal with Orlov if he turns it down, but am hesitant to do so and think I would probably be over paying....
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; October 11, 2011 at 9:57 PM. Reason: Grammer Fix

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Wanted to ask you guys who do you think has the bigger pure offensive up-side Orlov or or Fowler? As I could replace Howdin in the deal with Orlov if he turns it down, but am hesitant to do so and think I would probably be over paying....
    Fowler for sure.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Sage

Default No deal

He accepted this deal from a rival G.M instead...

LOGAN COUTURE
    2012 3rd pick
    STANISLAV GALIEV
    for
    2012 2nd pick
    JAMES WISNIEWSKI
    CAM FOWLER

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Padawan

Sorry to hear that bud but he did get the best player in the deal in Couture. Couture is going to be the Sharks best player in the next couple of years. Your offer however, was quite fair and would have been a good deal for both of you
    8 Team Keeper - Year 3
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPG,PPA,SHP,GWG,SOG,FOW,FOL,BS,W,GS,GA,GAA,SV %,SHO
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 3Utl, 2G
    25 Man Roster, Keep All

C - Getzlaf, Tavares, J.Staal(LW), Duchene, RNH, Crosby
    LW - Kovalchuk, Hall, Benn, Hartnell, E.Kane
    RW - P.Kane, Seguin, Yakupov, Eberle, OV
    D - Keith, E.Johnson, Carlson, Karlsson, Burns
    G - Rask, Schneider, Rinne

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by bballplyr321 View Post
    Sorry to hear that bud but he did get the best player in the deal in Couture. Couture is going to be the Sharks best player in the next couple of years. Your offer however, was quite fair and would have been a good deal for both of you
    Ty, I would have accepted the other offer as well.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Ninja

I wouldn't have done that deal... love Fowler's upside, but Edler is THE MAN on the top team in the NHL. Fowler's +/- is questionable, and he will play second fiddle to Visno.

Dobber Sports Sage

Hope your right, but +/- doesn't matter in my pool and Fowler's contract was a little better 2. But here's hoping Edler kick's his a** next 3 years..

grammar Nazi
    Noun