Thread: Help me grab Tavares

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Help me grab Tavares

I've been trying to steal Tavares from another GM for the last year. I feel like he would complete the picture on my forward keepers but I've never been in a good bargaining position.

Well, now the GM really needs a goalie so I think the timing is right. My team/league format is in the signature. I have a surplus of starting goalies because I was waiting for someone to need one. I realize I'm going to have to lose one keeper in order to swap for Tavares. Help me make the offer?

He's a fairly rookie GM.. and not the easiest to trade with. If I lowball he'll just ignore rather than counter-offer. I want to offer something spicey to get his attention. As you can see, his team is hurting on D and G. I'm considering an offer with Anderson(or)Smith+Doughty(or)Yandle...

His team:
    F: Tavares*, Skinner*, M. Richards*, Semin*, Ribiero, Morrow, Kerjci, Ruutu, Purcell, Samuelsson, Dubinsky, Couture*, Havlat, McArthur

D: Byfuglien*, Ehrhoff, Pietrangelo, Wideman, Blum,

G: Kiprusoff*, Pavelec
    11 team keeper league, 3rd season.
    Points only. Goalies: 2pts Win, 3pt S/O
    9F, 6D, 2G, 2BN, 1IR

F: Stamkos*, Parise*, Backstom*(IR), Benn*, Neal*, Clarkson, Berglund, A. McDonald, Gagner, Ennis, Okposo,

D: OEL, B Campbell, Wisniewski, B. Smith, Giordano, Diaz

G: Fleury*, Halak*, Anderson

Dobber Sports Sage

If you want my opinion? I don't think Anderson + will get it done? Although Anderson is a great goalie, Ottawa is brutal and the GM probably won't see many wins coming from him. Also Tavares is one of those guys that is very hard to get as he has been hyped for so long that his owners fall in love with him. I think you would have to start with Halek + Yandle to get a response and I don't know if you would be willing to give up your #2 goalie.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Deity

I have to agree with bigbabybuda. I dont think Anderson will get it done. I know if I'm the team with Tavares, I dont think Anderson is a real big upgrade on my goalie situation. Plus I dont think his D is as bad as you think. If you want him to take you serious, I wouldnt offer less then Halak +.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I'm trying to win this season. Gave up last season to concentrate my picks and I think I have some pretty good depth.

His D is hurting. We start 6 and he only has 5.

Is it worth adding a bit of risk this year by swapping Halak for Tavares then? This would put pressure on Smith to get some wins... or I could gamble and pickup another 3rd like Montoya/Hedberg...
    9F, 6D, 2G, 2BN, 1IR

F: Stamkos*, Parise*, Backstom*(IR), Benn*, Neal*, Clarkson, Berglund, A. McDonald, Gagner, Ennis, Okposo,

Dobber Sports Sage

Ya I actually meant to mention that, I kind of like his D. But I do see an opportunity for you with the goalie. But think Halak ++ is the way to go!

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Sage

If I was you, I would trade Halak and take a chance on Montoya. He has looked real good so far this year and at the end of last. Plus remember he does have the back pedigree and may just be a late bloomer. I also think that the Isles are going to be very competitive this year and will surprise a lot of people.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

While talking to the Tavares GM, he let slip that someone else offered Price for Skinner... Not sure I'm ready to top that - especially considering Halak does not have the same reputation as Price.
    9F, 6D, 2G, 2BN, 1IR

Dobber Sports Deity

Someone offered him Price for Skinner? And he is still talking about it? You are right, he isnt that bright. I would be all over that.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Someone offered him Price for Skinner? And he is still talking about it? You are right, he isnt that bright. I would be all over that.
    LOL

My only hope would be to offer something like Halak+Yandle for Tavares++
    9F, 6D, 2G, 2BN, 1IR