Thread: Trading Ward/Brodeur (1-year)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trading Ward/Brodeur (1-year)

1-year League
    Skater/Goalie stats are 10/6

My Current Goalies:
    - R.Miller, C.Ward, M.Brodeur, C.Anderson

Wondering if it would be "smart" to trade away Ward or Brodeur, for some firepower... Another manager approached me and said flat out he wants a 3rd goalie, I said I'd deal the bottom three, he's interested mostly in Ward.

He has the likes of Brad Richards, M.Gaborik, R.Nash, J.Pavelski, A.Semin, D.Briere for offense.

Catch: He has H.Lundvist and J.Quick as his goalies right now

Dilemma: Do I make a deal to upgrade my own offense, while at the same time totally beefing up his goalies so they'd be ridiculously good?

I'm thinking really the only way I can pull the trigger on this deal, is if I make him totally overpay in a 2-for-1. Something like a Richards & Pavleski, lol.
    Don't forget, he's desperately after a goalie because he just realized having 2 sucks and he was dumb not to draft a 3rd, and especially if one gets injured, with the best goalie on FA being J.Theodore

While my offense isn't horrible, it could use a boost. I have Perry, Zetterberg and E.Staal as probably my top guys.
    I have more of an all-around team, with D.Backes, B.Morrow, R.Callahan, J.Staal, A.Burrows for decent G and A, etc. but all of them get good HIT, BLK and FW (if they're C's) for forwards.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO???

PS - I really need to make up one of those things where you can see my whole roster at the bottom. Problem is, I'm in like 5 leagues, haha. This is the one I'll ask the most Q's about though, as it's a $$ league.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I don't think Richards or Pavelski are an overpay for Ward.

Anyway you should roll out your specific Goalie categories so we can have a peek at them.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Trading Ward/ Brodeur ?

Looking at your Goalies, I would try and move Anderson not ward or Brodeur. Giving him either of those guys as a 3rd goalie with the others that he has will create a powerhouse. If he is so desperate for a 3rd goalie, Anderson will fill that and I think a trade of Anderson for Pavelski or Semin or Brierre. is a very fair trade. That would not materially weaken your goalie situation and allow you to pick up a good offensive player. If you feel like you want Richards Gaborik or Nash, you may have to part with either Ward or Brodeur. But I would try Anderson first. Good luck.

Dobber Sports Giant

try move anderson or brodeur, not ward. your competitor already has stacked goalies, albiet only 2. he is still going to do well in goalie stats.i like the richards idea but see if he will do it for brodeur.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks so far people.

Here's the stats:

Players: G,A,PIMS,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,HITS,FOwins,Blocked Shots.
    Goalies: Games Started,Wins,GAA,SV%,Saves,Shutouts.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I don't think I would trade with this guy actually. In part, it's because your goalie stats will take a hit and I don't think you improve your offense enough in doing a deal that he would likely accept.

Having said that - Anderson for his best offensive player would be acceptable - I wouldn't bend more than that - there are other teams in the league to trade with.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Trading Ward/ Brodeur ?

I would agree with Shoeless. If you cannot get a trade with Anderson then I would look elsewhere.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yeah... I just don't want to stack his goalies, while at the same time taking a hit for my own.
    I mean, if Brodeur or Miller go down, then Anderson becomes my #2.... Not so great right?

I'll try to sell him on Anderson, but this guy believes Ottawa will be 30th Overall in the NHL this year.... And, he has a valid point, haha. They very well could be!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He won't give up any of those guys for Anderson. Aim a little lower.
    16 Team Roto : Season 16 : Keep*5 : C,LW,RW, 4F, 3D, G, 4B, 2IR
    G, A, PPP, SHP, +-, GW : W, SV%, SO

C: McDavid*
    LW: Keller*
    RW: Nylander*
    F: MacKinnon*

D:

G: Shesterkin*

B:

*Keeper