Thread: Robidas vs Zidlicky vs Whitney

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Robidas vs Zidlicky vs Whitney

Who would u take for this season only.

Roto league where goals count for a bit more. Cats are G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, SHP, Hits, Blk

Notable other FA: Timonen, EJ

thx

Dobber Sports All-Star

EJ for me. I like Whitney but don't think he can stay healthy.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Dobber Sports Padawan

I agree, EJ for me too. I'm expecting a big step forward for him this year.
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Apprentice

was about to add EJ when i realised Girardi was also available. Should i pick him instead? Does he get any PP1 time? he's a monster shot blocker which is great for my league settings.

Banned

probably EJ - but don't underestimate robidas. if your roto league is a max. games league a player like robidas could carry more value than all of the other players listed. he will out hit, out block and likely out penalty them all - and by a fair margin... the offence won't quite be up to par with EJ, so it really depends on the rest of your team... would be nice to know who else you have on your roster...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by tGr View Post
    probably EJ - but don't underestimate robidas. if your roto league is a max. games league a player like robidas could carry more value than all of the other players listed. he will out hit, out block and likely out penalty them all - and by a fair margin... the offence won't quite be up to par with EJ, so it really depends on the rest of your team... would be nice to know who else you have on your roster...
    robidas had a beast year 2 years ago but last year was average, and he might loose PP time to sourray/goli now also. maybe his peripherals will get better since he can now just focus on D.

my other guys are letang, doughty, green and whitney right now. i'm worried about whitneys injuries tahts why i wanted a switch up.

i really dont know much about EJ, i just get scared of the +/- because of colorado.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the watcher View Post
    robidas had a beast year 2 years ago but last year was average, and he might loose PP time to sourray/goli now also. maybe his peripherals will get better since he can now just focus on D.

my other guys are letang, doughty, green and whitney right now. i'm worried about whitneys injuries tahts why i wanted a switch up.

i really dont know much about EJ, i just get scared of the +/- because of colorado.
    his points were average - but that is not why you want a guy like robidas on your team. he is a top notch defender for the hits and blocked shots he brings to your team - only a handful of d-men in the league bring his stats in these 2 categories. letang, doughty and green all bring decent support to these 2 categories so robidas may not be needed on your team...