Thread: Neuvirth or Schneider

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Neuvirth or Schneider

I can keep one on the roster as my third goalie. The other goes to the farm and is recallable just once for either of my other two, and remains my property unless I trade or waive him.

Two points for a win, plus three for a shutout.

(My two other goalies are Lundqvist and Lehtonen, who will both play a lot, so looking for the most points out of what may be 20-35 games for either Neuvy or Schneids.)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Give me Neuvy
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Another vote for Neuvy.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Had the same dilemma in my draft alst night. Went with Neuvy as I think he'll get more starts.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Stud

Just so I'm clear, this isn't a question about which goalie you might end up having to drop, it's simply regarding who you should have on your opening day roster right?

If that's the case then I support the consensus here that Neuvirth should probably get you a few more starts this year but I think it's close. There's no way Vancouver is going to ride Luongo hard throughout the regular season and this is a real showcase year for Schneider as he's an RFA at years end so I expect him to get a fair number of starts against opponents he has a good chance of shining against.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

The same night tool supports the Neuvirth call as well, by a nose - Caps will play 50 games when you have a vacancy in goal while the Canucks will play 48. Caps also have 13 B2B's while the Cancuks have 11.

Dobber Sports Wizard

How many games do you guys think Neuvy will get in? 25 - 30?
    more?
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 93213 View Post
    How many games do you guys think Neuvy will get in? 25 - 30?
    more?
    18 - 20 unless vokoun gets hurt.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    Just so I'm clear, this isn't a question about which goalie you might end up having to drop, it's simply regarding who you should have on your opening day roster right?

If that's the case then I support the consensus here that Neuvirth should probably get you a few more starts this year but I think it's close. There's no way Vancouver is going to ride Luongo hard throughout the regular season and this is a real showcase year for Schneider as he's an RFA at years end so I expect him to get a fair number of starts against opponents he has a good chance of shining against.
    The way I see it, Yes Washington brought in Vokoun, but was it to win in the regular season or in the playoffs? Well, they placed near the top with Huet, Theodore, Varlamov and Neuvirth last year. Washington will be near the top with any goalie in there. It is the playoffs where they stumble, with the regular season starter being replaced by the backup seems every year. I see Washington having Vokoun start 45-50 games and Neuvirth getting the remainder with the real possiblity of Neuvirth taking over the reigns 3/4 way through the year. Just my gut feeling, but if he does not take over, Vokoun will be well rested for the playoffs then.

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks, guys! I think I'll go with Neuvirth, as I believe that Millhouse nailed it. Vokoun is for the playoffs, with Neuvy having a chance to steal that role, and the Caps lose very little if it goes that way.