Thread: Quick

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Quick

How many games does Quick lose to Bernier this year? What do you expect his win total to be? Is anyone concerned about a tandem forming, or that Bernier takes over during the season, or is this more like a Luongo/Schneider situation where a great talent in Bernier plays behind Quick for at least this year?
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Stud

My take on this is Quick is the legit starter. I would say look for 65 starts. I can see Bernier getting showcased if LA is looking to trade him at the deadline so it's possible Quick only gets 60 but I can't see LA putting them in a tandem situation.

The Magnificent One

Te last bit you said. Quick is the starter. Look for 65-70 games with 35 wins I would say. He is the real deal and they will most likely trade one of the goalies next season. They are both signed for cheap but quick has proven he can be the go to guy for 2 seasons now.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Can't be denied that Bernier is an awesome talent waiting in the wings...ala Schneider..

Tandem's work for teams that have a lack of faith in their #1, or with an elder goalie who is mentoring a replacement... But I have a hard time seeing any team cutting back on a 25yr old keeper who puts up numbers like Quick has - especially a team with Ron Hextall in the management hierarchy. He's going to have some pretty pointed comments to make about loyalty, imho.

Bernier may just have to: wait it out / pray to get moved / take over in an injury situation. Hopefully he keeps putting a good face on it.

My personal best guess is, worst case scenario barring injury is lowering Quick to 57 games, while he still wins 35 like last season. ( ...and thats with one of the Assistant Coaches marking their calendar to say "Hey, we're keeping you fresh for the Cup run !" every other practice.
    Last edited by Shenanigans; September 15, 2011 at 10:56 AM.

Dobber Sports Giant

quick gets 60 - 65 starts.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO