Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1st round dilemma!! HELP!

Dobber Sports Newbie

Been thinking this one over all night. My Draft isn't for a couple weeks. YES I may be over-thinking it and have too much time on my hand. (work night shifts).

My competitive spirit coined my team "win now". I value all of your opinions, and have come to terms with being a year or two away. If that's the case; should I not take Rundblad who will be available for sure when I pick? Pass on Pavelski for now because I can only keep one more player after this year.

Have 4 young, solid D core for then next couple years when my team hopes to compete?

Stop gaps at FW will be available when I pick 13 and I only need 1 more FW.
    Some names are: Dubinsky, horton, lucic, franzen, doan, grabner, ladd, callaghan, connely berglund, alfy, and morrow. A couple possible keepers with upside even in that bunch I dare say.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by bigballer16 View Post
    Been thinking this one over all night. My Draft isn't for a couple weeks. YES I may be over-thinking it and have too much time on my hand. (work night shifts).

My competitive spirit coined my team "win now". I value all of your opinions, and have come to terms with being a year or two away. If that's the case; should I not take Rundblad who will be available for sure when I pick? Pass on Pavelski for now because I can only keep one more player after this year.

Have 4 young, solid D core for then next couple years when my team hopes to compete?

Some names are: Dubinsky, horton, lucic, franzen, doan, grabner, ladd, callaghan, connely berglund, alfy, and morrow. A couple possible keepers with upside even in that bunch I dare say.
    Sorry, I didn't see that you already had a team. I thought this was a brand new league. Anyway, as the other guys have said, you should take Rundblad or Elliott (Rundblad first) with that fourth overall pick. You already have a pretty solid roster, so here's the time to figure out who to pick to fill out the rest of your roster. Looking at the available names I'd be going after Berglund, Lucic, Callahan, Grabner, Horton, Doan, Connolly and Franzen. I wouldn't want Alfredsson or Morrow. You also want to fill out those d spots early, because it is a d heavy league and I would be targeting Kulikov or Blum. Del Zotto is a guy you can probably get later in the draft, he's in an uncertain situation right now. Hedman won't be of much value in this format either.

I hope that helps.
    Last edited by dmvincent; September 15, 2011 at 11:36 AM.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I edited my post, take a look.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by bigballer16 View Post

In your format and with your team being a couple years away, pass on Pavelski and pick a future stud D - I usually would go with Rundblad but with the heavy G emphasis in your leauge I think I'd go with Elliott (but both are great choices).