Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida Panthers

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Florida Panthers

I know Calgary may not be a big draw in Florida, but that has got to be one of the smallest crowds I have ever seen.

Florida is a great franchise with lots of young talent, but the fan support is not there.

In Canada, I have seen more people at a beer league game. The Panthers should move the franchise to West Edmonton Mall, bigger crowd every night.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Edmonton Roadrunners

C(3): Tavares, Couture, Girgensons
    LW(3): Helm, Ott, Soderberg
    RW(3): Ryan, Gallagher, Simmonds
    F(3): Hemsky, Paquette, Markus Granlund
    D(6): OEL, Gudas, Johnson, Savard, Quincey, Wideman
    G(1): Halak, Smith, Lindback
    Bench: Stoll, Stajan, Mckenzie, Pulkkinen

Prospects(10): Straka, Chartier, Crouse, EK Eriksson, Tuch, Koekkoek, Max Reinhart, Zboril, Bibeau, Jarry

RIP- Phil Philthy Animal Taylor- September 21, 1954-November 11, 2015.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    I know Calgary may not be a big draw in Florida, but that has got to be one of the smallest crowds I have ever seen.

Florida is a great franchise with lots of young talent, but the fan support is not there.

In Canada, I have seen more people at a beer league game. The Panthers should move the franchise to West Edmonton Mall, bigger crowd every night.
    Let me respond with: In Europe i have seen small towns packing bigger crowds and more atmosphere than bascially any NHL match beside the stanlycup finals. Lets move the NHL to Europe! They deserve a better crowd.

But in all seriousness, what draws people into the seats in the NHL are wins. And the Panthers are playing crap hockey for ages. You canīt expect anyone to want to see that. "If" ( huge if) they are starting to win more often the people will show up.

To comment on the game:

Having a behind closed doors player meeting after the game says all. We played like shit. Glad that Flames are such a dumpster fire. Not sure if there are any worse Dīs in the NHL.

The Gud:Jagr,Smith,Tro and the 4th line with solid game.
    The Blad:Jokinen was fine.Somewhat happy that Bolland is back, our D looks better with him in the lineup.Huberdeu with a little more effort than usual pushes him out of the ugly, but it was close.
    The Ugly:Mitchell looking bad latly, Petro with a stinker, Lu with a terrible game tonight ( it his first bad one)
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by keytolife View Post
    Let me respond with: In Europe i have seen small towns packing bigger crowds and more atmosphere than bascially any NHL match beside the stanlycup finals. Lets move the NHL to Europe! They deserve a better crowd.

But in all seriousness, what draws people into the seats in the NHL are wins. And the Panthers are playing crap hockey for ages. You canīt expect anyone to want to see that. "If" ( huge if) they are starting to win more often the people will show up.

To comment on the game:

Having a behind closed doors player meeting after the game says all. We played like shit. Glad that Flames are such a dumpster fire. Not sure if there are any worse Dīs in the NHL.

The Gud:Jagr,Smith,Tro and the 4th line with solid game.
    The Blad:Jokinen was fine.Somewhat happy that Bolland is back, our D looks better with him in the lineup.Huberdeu with a little more effort than usual pushes him out of the ugly, but it was close.
    The Ugly:Mitchell looking bad latly, Petro with a stinker, Lu with a terrible game tonight ( it his first bad one)
    The Leafs, Oilers, and even the Flames have been crap for years and you can not hardly find a standing room ticket to their games.

Not trying to bash the Panthers or there fan base. It was just one of the rare times they showed a panthers home game on Canadian tv and it was a eye opener that over half the first 20 rows were empty.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Edmonton Roadrunners

C(3): Tavares, Couture, Girgensons
    LW(3): Helm, Ott, Soderberg
    RW(3): Ryan, Gallagher, Simmonds
    F(3): Hemsky, Paquette, Markus Granlund
    D(6): OEL, Gudas, Johnson, Savard, Quincey, Wideman
    G(1): Halak, Smith, Lindback
    Bench: Stoll, Stajan, Mckenzie, Pulkkinen

Prospects(10): Straka, Chartier, Crouse, EK Eriksson, Tuch, Koekkoek, Max Reinhart, Zboril, Bibeau, Jarry

RIP- Phil Philthy Animal Taylor- September 21, 1954-November 11, 2015.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    The Leafs, Oilers, and even the Flames have been crap for years and you can not hardly find a standing room ticket to their games.

Not trying to bash the Panthers or there fan base. It was just one of the rare times they showed a panthers home game on Canadian tv and it was a eye opener that over half the first 20 rows were empty.
    All good mate. The fanbase is non existant and i would not care a relocationg since i am not a local at all but follow the team from abroard. Have only seen once a game in person there. But you need to cut the harcore fans some slack there are still fans and those have been through the absolute worst a fanbase can go through in terms of a product on the ice. Letīs see how attendance develops if we might one day in the not so far away future play some playoff hockey.

Dobber Sports Expert

Expected. This team is.....

I really donīt know but Buffalo managed in two years what we could not do in 8 and the Oilers canīt do in 20. A proper rebuild.

The Gud: Vinnie
    The Blad: Huberdeau with a goal the D was okay.
    The Ugly: The rest? Bjugstad start playing like a man please!Grimaldi needs more time in the AHL he looks so weak without the puck.

Dobber Sports Monster

Any word on whos starting tonight? Assuming Lou but want to double check (fantasy purposes)

Dobber Sports Expert

Sorry for answering too late.

But to forcecast i expect Monty on Monday Luu has been bad and needs to get some mojo back.

Overall a pretty bad hockey game last night. Sad we lost our best D in Kulikov-( But Barkov is on the horizon.

The Gud: Pirri on the SO, Ekblad with a great game, Trochek continues to be good, Bjugs looked good
    The Blad: Huberdeau was okay , Smith also decent
    The Ugly: Luu was bad tonight, Thornton is still crap and Grimaldi currently looks like he needs seasoning

Dobber Sports Expert

Ugly win but damn that young centerman we got there is a game changer. Not for offense but he controls the pace of the game.

The Gud: Luu roared back, Ekblad and Campbell were great, Petro with a good one and Barkov oh i just got a mancrush the kid is unreal defensifly.
    The Blad: Smith was fine, Huberdeau has shown signs of improvement on the D side of things might he actually care now?
    The Ugly: The 3rd line looked brutal tonight led by Trochek who had a very very bad game IMO. No way they should keep the line together. Bjugs looked lost as well. Jagr not good either.

Dobber Sports Expert

Btw wrong game ot post this but i just saw it showing up in Panthersboard again and thought i give it a share:

F9V0Ris.jpg

Dobber Sports Expert

Aaaand another pathetic one.

The gud: Barkov
    The Blad: everyone not listed below
    THe Ugly: Campbell with his worst game as a panther, Jagr,Pirri,Trochek and Bjugs with lackluster perfomances, and Huberdeau is back here as well.

Dobber Sports Monster

I was keeping track of the game on NHL Ice Tracker. Brutal. I heard Jags is going for the NHL games record so I hope he stays good enough where he can play enough games lol

Dobber Sports Monster

Lou starting again im assuming? Guy is a work horse

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Lou starting again im assuming? Guy is a work horse
    https://twitter.com/hfialkov/status/668126628673884161

Ya, he's starting

Dobber Sports Expert

Despite the result this was actually a great game. I blame it on Gallant for not resting Luu who was really bad tonight.

The Gud: Sasha was once again awesome. Ekblad was great too and Pirri had a good game.
    THe Blad: Jagr with a goal again, Bjugstad with a finish as well.
    THe Ugly: Lu like stated had a total off night.Soupy was bad a again and Trocheck was no-show. And last but not least the worst man on the ice Jonathan Huberdoh.

Dobber Sports Expert

What a crappy team effort once again. YOu will not win hockey games with 1 goal scored for. Grimaldi gets send down and Monty is injured.I hope they realize that they we need Brickley back, even if he is not the solution to all of our problems its a start.

The Gud: Barkov,Ekblad
    THe Blad:
    The Ugly: Pirri with a bad game once again, Tro is annoying, Huberdeau like usual

and Iīm starting to care less about playoffs. I mainly want to see a lot of points for Barkov and Ekblad.