Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida Panthers

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Florida Panthers

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Only got to watch half the game last night.

Lots to like there, but really thought that Huberdeau was starting to look more and more like a player as the season rolls along. Doing little things well. He has a long way to go, but there are some good signs there.
    Huby is def. looking better latley. Not anywhere near star level but shaping into a NHL player finally.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Expert

Proud to be a fan of this team tonight! Yes they lost but hell the were the better team tonight against one of the best teams of the league. Bad bounces and the zebras not liking us played their part. We scored three goals on our own-( Still one of the best games of the season.

The Gud: Nick Bjugstad and Aaron Ekblad look like they appear here every single night, but hell they deserve it. Luu was stready and Guds needs to get noted here as he had a very good game.
    The Blad: Dave Bolland returned tonight and had a good game. Jussi rock solid as well so was Hayes. Even Flash was okay.
    The Ugly: MacKenzie with a stupid mistake tonight and Pirri looks quite lost bouncing arround the lineup so much.

Dobber Sports Guru

Flash is getting minutes and that's translating to points (or is it vice-versa?). Showcasing him? Or is he actually turning a corner?
    The fact that they're two points out of a playoff spot probably makes it a bit tougher to consider moving him, right?
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Flash is getting minutes and that's translating to points (or is it vice-versa?). Showcasing him? Or is he actually turning a corner?
    The fact that they're two points out of a playoff spot probably makes it a bit tougher to consider moving him, right?
    Theyīll move him the moment someone offers anything half decent, like a 3rd . He more or less accidently was inserted in that line and will rotate out again.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Trochek is maintaining his ice time still it looks like. Didn't have time to watch the game last night (aside from a few minutes in the second period), so I appreciate the updates!

Dobber Sports Expert

https://twitter.com/aaronadmirals/st...38933181042689

Tallon at the Icehogs. Morin to Panthers rumor flying arround.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by keytolife View Post
    https://twitter.com/aaronadmirals/st...38933181042689

Tallon at the Icehogs. Morin to Panthers rumor flying arround.
    What would the Hawks get in return? I would think they want D depth.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    What would the Hawks get in return? I would think they want D depth.
    IMO it does not make much sense. We are already crowded at forward. The only thing i could see between the two is something like Kopecky ( salary retained) for Morin and a pick to help the Blackhawks PK. Not sure if i would be fan a huge fan.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by keytolife View Post
    IMO it does not make much sense. We are already crowded at forward. The only thing i could see between the two is something like Kopecky ( salary retained) for Morin and a pick to help the Blackhawks PK. Not sure if i would be fan a huge fan.
    I would prefer teaching Morin how to PK or trade him to another team for a rental guy that offers more.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Expert

Sorry for not posting after the Detroit game but i just had zero time left.

To summarize the last two nights. The panthers played pretty bad for both games but somehow ended up with 3 points. I take that!

My usual The Gud the Blad the Ugly as a summary:

The Good: Dave Bolland had two great games no doubt. Montoya was strong last night and kept them in. Kulikov was the best D.

The Blad: Trocheck looked great on D but was non existent on the O in my opinion. Huberdeau looked great against Detroit and okay gainst Buffalo he is trending upward. Flash looked okay as well.

The Ugly: The first entry of the season goes to Aaron Ekblad who had two lackluster games in my eyes. Might be, he is fighting through injury.

Dobber Sports Expert

Can i summarize last nights game with: What a stupid competition this SO is? Happy we got 2 points, not much to see here. Move on!

Dobber Sports Expert

THis team is really suprising , once again not a good game but they come away with two points. The D is really awesome.

The Gud: I must admit Bolland is really playing great hockey since his return. THe D was soo good especially Mitchell is helping really much. Kulikov deserves a special mention as well. Luuu was Luuu.
    The Blad: FLash was decent once again.
    The Ugly: Bjugstad line was overall pretty quiet.

Special info on two players, who were asked about in the ramblings.

a) Trochek got scratched last night, and while this might look suprising to outsiders it was actually deserved. Trochek played not good those last 5 games and he is a young player that needs to work for his playing time. I would love to see him full time as soon as possible but on the other hand its a huge difference for this team that you actually need to work to get a spot. You can see if you watch the Oilers in comparison that competition is great.

b)Barkov is actually going the Coutourier route, as guessed in todays daily ramblings. He is getting a ton of D_zone starts and is used against the best lines of the opposing team. And he played great tonight! While at first glance this might ruin him as a fantasy hockey option, i would be patient here. A lot of two way centers grew into a role like that and didnīt score much earlier in their career f.e. Koivu or the Sedins didnīt score a lot. Barkov can hold his own against the very best on D and i fully believe that O wil come sooner than later. He is also still fighting against the injury he had last season, his skating is not back to normal.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Luongo has been really good this year but I'm wondering if Bolland being back is going to help him out even more. Just a real steady player. Good to see Kulikov rounding out his game. He'll likely never hit the upside people thought, but if he can carve out a solid career then good for him.

Great info here, keep it up!

Dobber Sports Expert

Hurts to lose again with only one goal but to be honest this game was better than the last five. They fought hard and just canīt compete with the talentlevel the Pens have quite yet.

The Good:Tro responded nice after his benching and the D overall was quite good.
    The Blad: Huberdeau sadly looks worse again but not as bad as at the start of the season.
    The Ugly: Luu with a weak goal tonight. Not his best night.

Dobber Sports Expert

Sorry for missing the Pens game. It was a beauty though. One of the best this season. Hayes was incredible that night. It was all about him. Dave Bolland needs to get credit currently. Dude is not playing like 5,5 mil but very good hockey.

Last night was a charme. A) Winning against the Leafs is always the best B) Comback cats at it again and c) The first empty netter of the season.

The Good: The shooting percentage! Jimmy Hayes on a scoring streak. Dmitry Kulikov turning into a great 2nd pairing defender. Mitchell with goal nr.1.
    The Blad: Upshall despite his empty netter was bleh. Luu was not without fail tonight.
    The Ugly: