Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My thoughts from the US National Development Camp featuring US, Finland, and Sweden

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnies_Moustache View Post
    Certainly helps get through August.
    yeap, that's why I've made the trip to Lake Placid two years in a row and why I will likely be back next year as well
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

The Great One

I didn't watch the game, but Sweden beat the US 4-1 today. Zibanejad played, apparently.

The US is down to a single squad now and they rested 7 players for the game. Not sure exactly who sat, but that may have had something to do with it.

Either way, a good showing for Sweden, obviously, as in their first game they appeared over-matched the entire game (even though they did take the US to overtime in the loss).

There is a long way to go until the WJHC, so maybe I was selling Sweden short when I said they'd be a weak team. I was basing that on the game I saw and the fact that many of their outstanding players have graduated. The team certainly does not have as much "name recognition" as past years.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Banned

Noesen, Prince, Knight, Ferlin, Johns, and Murphy scratched

Dobber Sports Stud

Link to the tournament their website for anyone who is interested. Boxscores, summaries, webcasts.

http://wwa.usahockey.com/Template_Us...1_06&id=288584
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Banned

Connor Murphy is out 3-4 months with a torn meniscus.

Shane Prince doing work today - 2 goals!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post

Well isn't that nice for us Sting fans. He's becoming a bandaid boy for sure.

Banned

Turns out Zibanejad did not play yet. He was on the line-up for the last game but was pulled before it started.

He is in today against Finland.

The Great One

Turns out Zibanejad did not play yet. He was on the line-up for the last game but was pulled before it started.

He is in today against Finland.
    ah...that explains it. I had heard he was going to play, but then didn't see his name anywhere on the scoresheet, which confused me.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Icon

Damm Connor Murphy

Another kid with incredible talent that cant stay healthy.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I read somewhere (think it might have been the rambling this morning) that Murphy might only be out 5 weeks, instead of 3-4 months. Which would put him right back into the WJC fold.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    I read somewhere (think it might have been the rambling this morning) that Murphy might only be out 5 weeks, instead of 3-4 months. Which would put him right back into the WJC fold.
    DY on Twitter said that. Some sources say 5 weeks, some say 3-4 months.

I know from personal experience that sometimes you can't tell right away the extent of an injury until the swelling goes down. I'd guess that it will either be 5 weeks (if surgery isn't required) or 3-4 months if surgery is required, but they may not know until the swelling is gone.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    DY on Twitter said that. Some sources say 5 weeks, some say 3-4 months.

I know from personal experience that sometimes you can't tell right away the extent of an injury until the swelling goes down. I'd guess that it will either be 5 weeks (if surgery isn't required) or 3-4 months if surgery is required, but they may not know until the swelling is gone.
    The Sarnia Sting's Assistant GM, Mark Glavin, told me that he talked to Jacques Beaulieu and he was indicating that it was only going to be 4-5 weeks. From what I have read about the injury/surgery that timeline seems very optimistic especially considering the kid has a tendency to get injured frequently. I doubt his ability to recover is all that good either.

I was hoping to see him play a lot in Sarnia especially given that he went first overall to Phoenix. I know that he was headed to Phoenix to meet with their training staff and doctors for further examination and surgery so we should he more soon. I'd say the initial 3-4 months is more accurate than the 4-5 wks.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    The Sarnia Sting's Assistant GM, Mark Glavin, told me that he talked to Jacques Beaulieu and he was indicating that it was only going to be 4-5 weeks. From what I have read about the injury/surgery that timeline seems very optimistic especially considering the kid has a tendency to get injured frequently. I doubt his ability to recover is all that good either.

I was hoping to see him play a lot in Sarnia especially given that he went first overall to Phoenix. I know that he was headed to Phoenix to meet with their training staff and doctors for further examination and surgery so we should he more soon. I'd say the initial 3-4 months is more accurate than the 4-5 wks.
    Workg in the medical field I can tell you injury timelines really vary depending on the person. Young and in good shape bodes well for an early return.

It also will also depend on the extent of the injury.

Treatment of a torn meniscus may include surgery to repair the damage. Some tears can be watched and treated with physical therapy and muscle strengthening to stabilize the knee joint.

f the tear is small and located on the outer edge of the meniscus, it is possible that rehabilitation without surgery is all that is needed for recovery.

Keep in mind roo alot of elite athletes return to practice within one to two weeks after surgery, but they are a motivated group of people who spend hours each day in rehabilitation. For most other patients, return to mild routine activity occurs in less than six weeks.