Thread: Kuemper vs Mike Murphy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Kuemper vs Mike Murphy

Goldman...are you listening? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Last pick of my prospect draft for team 2 in sig. Goalies are valuable based on stats so I think I'll take one more with my last pick.

Kuemper had one amazing season while Murphy has had a longer history of success with really solid numbers. Could be due to the team in front of him...not sure.

What I like about Kuemper is that his path to become a starter looks easier. Ward is a fixture in CAR, While Backstrom is 34 and will only play so many more years. Since I already have Hackett, I would essentially have a lock on the next MIN starter. Both Hackett and Kuemper have upsides of "Elite". Murphy's upside is a little less at "Starter - Hidden Gem". I also like Kuemper's size advantage over Murphy's.

...but based on the numbers, I think Murphy might be the better goalie.

Goldman has Murphy at number 14 (up 1) and Kuemper at number 28 (down 1). Thinking Murphy is higher because he's closer to getting a backup role to Ward.

Other angle is if I have faith in Hackett, I take Murphy and hope he finds a way around Ward or Ward eventually gets moved.

There are a few other goalies available as well...
    - Bunz
    - BobKov
    - Greiss
    - Stalock
    - Bachman

...and a few other decent forwards...
    - Grachev
    - Panik
    - Howse
    - Terry
    - P Cormier

Thanks for your help.
    10 Team H2H (Keep 14)
    G, A, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG
    W, GAA, SV%

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think I would go with Kuemper here myself, especially if you have Hackett already.

I would agree that Kuemper's lower ranking is likely due to the fact that he isn't quite as close to a backup role as Murphy is.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Might have a better chance posting in his section or tweeting him.

But I'll take Kuemper, he has the higher upside.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Brady19 View Post
    I think I would go with Kuemper here myself, especially if you have Hackett already.

I would agree that Kuemper's lower ranking is likely due to the fact that he isn't quite as close to a backup role as Murphy is.
    I agree with this. If timeline wasn't an issue I'm taking Kuemper over all the other options you listed and it's an easy decision.

If you want to talk with Justin post in his section and you'll have a much better chance of a response but I can tell you one thing....he loves Kuemper. His ranking is definitely because of timeline and if he can build on last year he'll be a top ten guy on his list in no time.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks guys. Picked up Kuemper. Never noticed the other area. Posted there afterwards. Will be interesting to see the response.
    10 Team H2H (Keep 14)
    G, A, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG
    W, GAA, SV%